❧ CHAPTER 8

season 6 episode 16

After a stressful Valentine's day, one consisting of Natalia feeling lonely and then having to console Mark after finding out Sloan wanted to give the baby up for adoption and leaving, Natalia retreated to her safe haven which was Peds

After a stressful Valentine's day, one consisting of Natalia feeling lonely and then having to console Mark after finding out Sloan wanted to give the baby up for adoption and leaving, Natalia retreated to her safe haven which was Peds. It was once again time for her Peds rotation and as she was about to enter the Peds floor, Natalia got a page from Arizona to meet her in the E.R., possibly to inform Dr. Altman on their patient. 

On her way there, Natalia began to check her phone to see that Jackson was texting her something about his grandfather visiting and that he'd need her as backup in the event that he needed to escape a conversation later in the day, to which she replied yes, before reaching the E.R. and seeing Arizona chatting with Teddy, most likely asking her if she wanted to join her for girls' night. Callie had asked Natalia if she wanted to join them too but Natalia had Jackson to thank and said she was busy.  

As she reached them, Arizona looked at Teddy before looking at Natalia at the end, "Problem solved. Now for my patient, Natalia?"

"Alright," Natalia stepped forward to get closer to Dr. Altman as they walked, "Patient's name is Elliot Meyer, he needs a lung transplant--"

"Oh, hey." Alex slid over to the trio, "Uh, I'm down with a l-lung transplant." 

Arizona stepped forward with a sarcastic smile on her face, "Oh, no... because you slept with my girlfriend, and I find that when I look at you, I want to hit you with a brick."

Alex leaned his head to the side as he tried to play it off, "Dude, that was, like, years ago."

Arizona laughed as she had a crazed look in her eyes, "Maybe, but jealousy's a green-eyed monster, and if you ask any one of my kids, they'll tell you, there's no reasoning with a monster." Natalia nodded her head at Alex, agreeing with the woman who stared down at him for not moving, "Dude, run away before I find a brick."

Alex scoffed before walking away, "As my new friend," Arizona told Teddy as she placed a hand on hers, "don't judge me for that."

Natalia clasped her hands together as they continued, "So, the patient has been treated..."

Natalia passed the chart onto Lexie as she recited the patient's history, "A year after Mr. Meyer's lymphoma went into remission, he was diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis, which is a condition that he developed as a side effect to the radiation he received during his cancer treatments."

"This isn't new information," The patient's sister told the doctors as she looked at Arizona and Natalia, "I thought you two said you could help."

Arizona beat Natalia to the punch as she responded first, "Yeah, but they're new to the case, and it's important to review the entire history."