❧ CHAPTER 60

season 12 episode 2

"So," Arizona interrupted Callie's tangent about her new girlfriend to her friends as she informed, "I looked it up, and Bailey's the first

"So," Arizona interrupted Callie's tangent about her new girlfriend to her friends as she informed, "I looked it up, and Bailey's the first."

Amelia frowned her eyebrows, "First what?"

"First female Chief of Surgery of this hospital." Maggie, Amelia, Callie, Natalia, Owen, and Jackson all hummed at that as Arizona continued, clearing her throat, "Before that, all men."

Jackson, who was eating the breakfast set up for Bailey early along with Natalia and Owen, spoke up, "I say it's about time."

Callie chuckled as Amelia thought out loud, "And all the department Chiefs are women-- Neuro, Cardio..." She pointed at herself and then Maggie.

Jackson pointed at Owen, "We got trauma."

Owen nodded as he ate strawberries and before he told Jackson, "Let it go."

Amelia continued, "Ortho, Fetal..."

"Huh." Natalia added with a tilt of her head, "I never realized that."

"Badass!" Callie smiled, "Ladies." She looked at the two men, "This place is run by ladies. It's... 'Ladyplace.'"

"No." Maggie shook her head and Natalia chuckled, "It is not Ladyplace. 'Ladyplace' is what my grandma call her vagina."

"Oh!"

Arizona laughed as Maggie went on, "To anyone who will listen, by the way-- she is not shy. No, we can't call this place Ladyplace. I don't need to think of that sweet, sweet, raunchy, old lady's bag every time I walk through the doors."

"Me neither," Alex commented, scrunching up his face, "but I will now."

Natalia sarcastically smiled at the three boys, "Great conversation to start the morning."

All of them laughed before Richard warned everyone, "She's coming, she's coming!"

They all hurried to the front of the room and hid the cake as Bailey walked inside with Meredith, "Well," Bailey started, "I'm glad to see you're all here. Uh, but if you had read your e-mail, you would have known that one of the many things that I will be implementing as Chief is no more weekly attendings' meetings."

"Uh," Richard chuckled, "well, actually, this is a st--"

 "See," Bailey interrupted, "less talking about saving lives and more saving of the lives." She nodded as she walked away, "Thank you."

"I--" She looked up at Jackson, "Did we just set this up for nothing?"

Owen looked at the two, "Yep."

The three walked away from the conference room as Natalia handed Owen a bowl of strawberries with a smile, "You're welcome."