❧ E P I L O G U E ☙

g r e e n l a n d

Natalia Rory Sloan was entirely sure of the things that mattered

Natalia Rory Sloan was entirely sure of the things that mattered. She survived a gun shooting and plane crash, one which took the life of her brother while the other traumatic event took the life of a man she was barely friends with. Although the two plague her mind in the darkest of nights, she enjoyed her life and knew to not regret living it. It was a lesson her husband, children, and friends taught her. 

She found love around her— in the world, in her husband, and the hot pretzels she forced her spouse to get on their way back from work. 

Throughout a course of many years, she had assumed the universe would calm down— allowing her to finally settle before receiving a call from Alex Karev that Megan Hunt, Owen's long-lost sister, was alive.

"I can't believe I'm meeting you." Natalia admitted, letting out a small chuckle as she slipped into the hospital room, "I'm Natalia—"

"Sloan." Megan nodded with a smile, recalling the name her brother told her, "I remember— he couldn't stop talking about you." Megan grinned, "he said you two had—"

"Twins?" Natalia nodded, pointing outside of Megan's room to where Owen was with the twins, "Yeah, that's Thomas and Sarah."

"Aww," Megan's heart swelled as she saw her niece and nephew and the smile adorned on her brother's face, "they look adorable."

"Yeah." Natalia felt the corner of her lips turn upwards as she looked at her family, "They are."

"Wow." Owen released a small chuckle, looking around the house Megan and Nathan bought to spend their lives with Farouk in Seattle.

"It's lovely." Natalia nodded as the twins began to walk around next to them, taking in the sight for themselves as well, "And close to the hospital."

"And the houses nearby—" Owen commented, looking outside the window before releasing a whistle, "wow."

Megan let out a soft laugh as Nathan wrapped his arm around her, "Funny you say that—"

"Yeah," Natalia gave Megan a knowing look before she saw the twins and Farouk begin to head to the backyard, "and it's great that your mom's nearby."

"Hunt," Riggs pointed behind him as he looked at Owen, "I'm gonna take the kids out to play, you want to come with?"

"Uh, yeah." Owen nodded, taking the opportunity to repair their friendship— he glanced back at Natalia, "I'll be right back."

"Okay." Natalia nodded, knowing he gave her a slight signal to rescue him if he wasn't back soon. After a few moments alone with Megan, both watching their children and partners in the yard, she spoke, "I'm glad you're back." She looked over with a soft smile, "I know how hard it is— was for Owen, and I'm just glad you're here and... you know..." She cleared her throat, looking back over to the window as awkwardness entered her, "not the alternative."

Megan laughed before speaking, "Yeah— me, too." She looked back over to the window, beaming as she voiced, "Does he know yet?"

"Not yet." Natalia shook her head— glancing over to the house next-door as she spoke, "I think I'm gonna steal him away soon to inform the troops."

"Here." Natalia commented, handing the key in her hand to Owen as she grinned and waved over to the door next-door from Megan's, "Open it."

"Natalia," Owen quirked a brow, looking at the key, "What—"

"It's a key." Natalia explained slowly, watching as Owen squinted at her, "And there's the door— the door has a lock, and you use the key to—"

"Open it, yes, I'm familiar with the concept." Owen scoffed, rolling his eyes with a smile as he reached over to the lock before turning the key inside— once the barrier opened, his eyebrows raised as the lovely unfurnished house met his eyes.

"Ta-da." Natalia grinned, standing in front of him with her arms wide open, "It's ours!"

"Ours?" Owen questioned, his jaw loosening as he stepped inside, "I— what—?"

"I know it's been your dream since you were younger to raise your family with Megan close by." Natalia smiled, recalling the distant memory, "And when I saw this place when I helped Megan and Nathan find a house, it all clicked and... yeah." She released a small chuckle, looking around before quirking a brow at him, "So?"

"I love it." Owen let out— a joyful look in his eyes as he glanced over to his wife with complete adoration, "I-I love it— I love you, this is..." He released another chuckle before walking around to the other rooms, "perfect."

"Yay!" Natalia cheered, jumping in place for a small second as a victorious feeling overwhelmed her before her mind recalling the other piece of news— she approached her husband, who was walking over to various rooms, "Another thing..."

"Another thing?" Owen stopped in place, turning around before a smile reached his lips, "Are we getting a dog?"

"I— we can." Natalia nodded, chuckling as she walked over to him, "Just— y'know, the twins are gonna want to name it."

"They already have 'Bugsty' and 'Dot' as names." Owen responded, having previously asked the question to their children— upon hearing that, Natalia squinted her eyes at him, "What? You know I've been asking them every now and then... wait," He cleared his throat, leaning against a wall as he asked, "What is it?" 

"The news?" Natalia questioned, quirking a brow as she took a step closer to him with a smile growing across her lips.

Owen gave her a small squint, looking down at her, "Yes."

"I'm pregnant."

❦❦❦