❧ CHAPTER 33

a/n : --pation.

season 8 episode 24

Natalia remembered she sat next to Mark in the plane, the trip to Boise would be one they'd never forget

Natalia remembered she sat next to Mark in the plane, the trip to Boise would be one they'd never forget. She remembered she had the charts on her lap, resting her head on his shoulder as he whispered to her his decision to break up with Julia and get with Lexie after the plane. She remembered seeing Lexie go to the back of the plane before all chaos came crashing down on them.

Hearing Arizona's distant screams become louder made Natalia jump awake, scratching her neck against the side of a branch next to her caused Natalia to scream out in pain at the roughness of it and tried to get up but another branch was on her right ankle.

"Rory?!" Mark screamed out and Natalia could hear his footsteps, "Roar?!"

"I'm here!" Natalia cried as she looked down at herself, mentally thanking herself for forgetting to wear her favorite watch that Mark gave her so she wouldn't lose it. She had dirt on her and her ankle under the branch was twisted at a weird angle.

"Oh, God." Mark commented as he moved the branch out of the way, "Here." He offered an arm to lift her up and she took it, but screamed in pain and held onto him, "What happened?!"

"My ankle." She inhaled sharply, "I dislocated it."

Wrapping an arm around Natalia to keep her balanced, they made their way to Cristina and Meredith, Arizona's yells now went quiet after Cristina roughly screamed at her to shut up.

"Do you hear-- Do you hear that sound?" Meredith asked as she heard something clanging in the distance, "Where is that sound coming from?"

"There." Arizona's voice strained as she pointed to the direction she heard the sound and Natalia noticed her face was scattered with blood and Meredith's thigh was bleeding, "It's coming from over there."

Mark, although he felt weak and stumbled every now and then, helped Natalia walk with him, she hopped on one leg and held onto him, as Meredith, and Cristina towards the noise.

"Derek!" Meredith shouted, trying to get a response from her sister and her husband, "Lexie! Derek! Lexie!"

When they came across a piece of the plane, Natalia noticed a bloody hand clanging a seatbelt to the metal, "There!" She pointed.

Mark stopped to look, "Lexie."

✈︎

Natalia leaned back on a boulder as Mark went to the floor to look at Lexie and Cristina and Meredith were couched behind him.

"Lexie. Lexie." Mark whispered, placing a hand on her neck to find a pulse.

"I knew you'd show up." Lexie smiled, blood apparent in her teeth.