❧ CHAPTER 24

season 7 episode 19

"Baby Report!" Natalia semi-yelled as she and Mark entered Callie's room

"Baby Report!" Natalia semi-yelled as she and Mark entered Callie's room. They just left Sofia in the NICU to see Callie and tell her about Sofia since she still couldn't go to the NICU on her own.

"Boom." Mark said, fist-bumping Arizona as she started to walk towards the door.

"I'm gonna go see her." Arizona turned around to look at Callie, "Hey, you're awesome."

"Oh, gimme, gimme, gimme." Callie pleaded, looking at Mark's phone.

"See?" Mark showed Callie a video of Sofia, "She's moving her arm like she's waving."

Natalia leaned over Mark to see the video too, "She still doesn't open her eyes, but she only stopped breathing once last night."

Mark nodded, "And get this--" Callie turned her head to look at Mark, "her brain bleed's still grade 1."

Callie gasped, looking back at Mark's phone to see her daughter, "Good girl. She looks bigger." Callie's smile went away as she frowned her eyebrows, "Is she bigger?" 

Dr. Bailey looked between Mark, Callie, and Natalia before chuckling, "All right. Some of us are still working. Let me get in there, please." 

Mark put his phone in his pocket, "Okay, I have a consult. I have to go." 

Natalia looked at her pager and saw Miles was the culprit, "And I have to go check on a patient." Natalia smiled, walking away.

Mark squinted at her, knowing she wasn't going to check on a patient before looking back at Callie, "How are you?" 

"Um.. I almost got my hand straight."

Mark smiled, "That's great."

"How'd she take it, Karev?" Owen asked, not looking up from his chart.

"Bitchy, 'cause she's a bitch."

Owen looked up, "She's also dying and she's alone. She hasn't had any family or visitors since she got here."

Alex chuckled, "Well, maybe that's 'cause she's--"

"Lets keep our assessments to ourselves." Owen closed the chart, walking away until he stopped and turned around to look at Alex, "Karev, what's your plan for chief resident?"

Alex blinked, "My plan?"

"Mm-hmm," Owen leaned against the nurse's station with one elbow propped on the desk, "besides badmouthing patients. All your colleagues are showing some kind of leadership potential. Grey, Sloan, and Avery, they're on clinical trials, Kepner is overhauling the surgical checklist. They have a plan. I was just wondering if you had a--"