❧ CHAPTER 62

season 12 episode 9 [part one]

Natalia Rory Sloan, the adoptive sister of Mark Sloan, best friend of Derek Shepherd and Lexie Grey and Jackson Avery, wife to Owen Hunt and mother to Thomas Markus Hunt and Sarah Megan Hunt, had a huge pain in the ass of a week

Not only had Nathan Riggs, a trauma surgeon who used to be engaged to Owen's sister, come over to work at Grey-Sloan, but Owen's ptsd had returned, so he went to go see a therapist and Natalia would comfort him whenever he needed to be comforted-- that wasn't a pain in the ass, though.

The pain in the ass was everyone-- everyone, asking what the drama was between the two. And while she would laugh and wished it was as simple as "it was a torrid affair," she brushed off people and told them it was not her tale to tell and walked away.

Jackson, who would let her vent about her issues, now vented to her about wanting to get a divorce with April-- at the same time, April would talk to her about wanting to get back together with Jackson.

And then came Amelia Shepherd, the woman who Natalia practically grew up with, was now fighting with her and Meredith. Amelia grew angry with Meredith's ways, mostly she felt hated by Meredith and reminded her that they were sisters, to which Meredith corrected her and said she was Derek's sister not hers. And when Natalia heard, she went to talk to Amelia, and was somehow reminded of each person she'd lost. Including Charles Percy after passing an elevator and George O'Malley after passing by her brother as well.

Natalia followed Amelia outside of the hospital with a jog, "Amy--"

"What, Natalia?!" Amelia spun around, anger still in her eyes from her encounter with Meredith.

"Amy," Natalia started, stopping a few feet away from Amelia, "I just--"

"We're not in some type of dead brother club, okay?" Amelia scoffed, "We're not bonded because of some trauma or because our brothers died, so stop acting like it." She sighed, "I just-- I need you and everyone else to back off. I'm fine. I'm cool, so back off."

Natalia stared at Amelia, her tears camouflaging with the rain that Amelia hadn't even realized Natalia was crying until she heard her sniffle as she nodded stiffly, "Fine."

Not to mention, the twins were also potty training.

"Hey, Mer." Natalia smiled as she entered the trauma room, "I need your advice on something."

Meredith nodded as a nurse looked at the two, "Be right back."

"Okay, hey," Meredith pointed at the nurse before he left, "there's no rush, but if you do see Neuro, get them up here, please."

"Mm-hmm."

"Amelia's still not talking with you?" Natalia asked as she joined Meredith's side.

"Nope." Meredith shook her head, "And from what I've heard, she hasn't spoken to you either."