❧ CHAPTER 54

a/n : after every "cut" it's basically a time skip ! :}

season 11 episode 13

"So," Natalia started, flipping the page of her baby book as she leaned back on the rocking chair in the nursery as Owen built the crib, "baby names

"So," Natalia started, flipping the page of her baby book as she leaned back on the rocking chair in the nursery as Owen built the crib, "baby names."

Owen looked at the instruction manual and nodded, "What about them?"

Natalia looked up from her book and glared at him, causing him to turn his head to her once he noticed her silence, "I'm due in two months and we have thought about everything except names."

Owen frowned his eyebrows before looking back at the instruction manual, "I thought we agreed on--"

"We haven't thought about middle names." Natalia pointed out, turning the page from her baby book, "Ooh, what about 'Peter' and 'Wendy'?"

Owen chuckled, "You're just saying that because you watched 'Peter Pan' yesterday."

Natalia sunk into her chair, "You don't know that."

"I do." Owen reasoned, "'Cause you kept suggesting it while you were watching it."

Natalia blew air out of her mouth as she turned the page again and perked up, "What if we choose the names in private?" Owen quirked an eyebrow at her, "You know, keep it a mystery to ourselves as we think about a name for the kids. You think about a boy's middle name and I'll think of a girl's middle name."

Owen chuckled, "And you won't be upset with the name I choose?"

Natalia shrugged, "As long as you don't name him something ridiculous."

Callie and Natalia kept their eyes on Arizona and Herman as they ate and Meredith, Maggie, and Alex continued to eat.

"Just look at them." Callie spoke, slurping on her soda as she heard Arizona laugh.

"Who?" Alex asked, trying to look over and see.

"Arizona and Herman." Natalia answered, eating more of her salad.

"They're practically joined at the hip." Callie added.

"Well," Maggie reasoned, "she is Herman's fellow. Isn't she supposed to follow Herman around?"

"They're laughing all the time," Callie said as Arizona and Herman's laughter was heard, "and Arizona seems so... happy-- like really happy."

"So?" Alex questioned, eating more of his salad.

"You seem happy..." Meredith shrugged, "...ish."

"What do you even care?"

"I don't," Callie responded to Alex, lying through her teeth, "obviously."

"We're just making conversation." Natalia shrugged. They all went silent for a few second until Arizona's laughter was heard.