❧ CHAPTER 61

season 12 episode 4 & 5

"What if the twins wake up and give your mother and John a hard time?" Natalia asked as they stood outside of Meredith's door, dressed up for the dinner party she invited them to

"She knows what to do." Owen assured, "And she wanted more time with the kids since she played with them in the afternoon so she'll be fine." He nodded, "And they have our numbers."

"Mm." Natalia nodded, raising her hand to knock before she stopped and looked back at him, "What if--"

Owen knocked on the door and April opened the door immediately, "Hey, guys." She smiled with a drink in her hand, possibly wanting to forget her arguments with Jackson, and Owen wrapped an arm around Natalia's waist, "Welcome to the party."

"Where's Jackson?" April asked Natalia as she looked out of the window for him.

"I'm not sure." Natalia answered truthfully as Meredith served drinks to her guests and stared at Penny, "But I'm sure he's coming soon-- Hey." She smiled, seeing Callie walk inside with her date.

"Hi." April greeted, and since she was the closest one she gave Penny a handshake and Natalia gave Penny a hug.

"Sorry," Natalia apologized, letting go of Penny, "Callie's talked about you so much that it feels like I already know you."

"Oh," Penny smiled, "it's fine."

"This is Dr. April Kepner and Dr. Natalia Sloan." Callie introduced them, "This is Penny."

April pointed to another room, grabbing Natalia's arm lightly, "I'm just gonna go-- yeah."

"Oh, yeah," Callie nodded away at the women, "sure." Once they were gone, Callie informed them, "Um, Natalia's Head of Fetal Surgery, her husband, Dr. Owen Hunt is by the kitchen and he's Head of Trauma, they have twins. Kepner's on trauma. Uh, her husband is on Plastics, although maybe not her husband." Penny gave a look, "Yeah, we-- we don't know. T-They might not know, but, um, his mother owns the place. Oh, but it's not nepotism." She smiled as Amelia approached the two, "He's great."

After deciding to help Maggie cook, the Maggie who had a U.T.I. and constantly had to run to the bathroom and left Natalia alone in the kitchen and Owen and Callie were called into the hospital, Natalia worked at making the dinner party actually have food.

She looked up once she heard the doorbell, expecting her husband or biological brother but was surprised when she saw Jackson enter.

"Hey," Jackson sighed, greeting Meredith who opened the door for him, "am I late?"

"Hey." She shook her head, "No, not at all. You can set your coat over there."

"Jackson," Natalia waved a hand over to him, "help." Natalia cringed as she saw Jackson accidentally bump into April as she got out of the bathroom and they spoke for a while before he came over, "Hey."