❧ CHAPTER 26

season 7 episode 22

Natalia grabbed Jackson's lab coat, causing Lexie to stop and turn around, groaning, "What?"

"Sorry, Lex," Natalia grinned at her, "but I need to steal your boyfriend for a moment."

Lexie groaned again before her pager went off and she ran down the hall and Natalia brought Jackson to an on-call room, shutting the door behind her and she looked at him.

He stared at her, "...What's up?"

"I think my relationship with Miles is gonna end soon."

Jackson frowned his eyebrows, "What? Why do you think that?" His eyes enlarged, "You like him again, don't you?"

"I-- No." She sighed, running a hand through her hair, "I think he's going to work as an attending for another hospital... he could be leaving, and I don't have many experiences with relationships, let alone long distance." She walked over to a bed and sat down, "What if he cheats on me?"

Jackson looked at her, "Do you honestly think Miles has the audacity to cheat on you?"

Natalia looked at him before lying down and moved her head up towards the ceiling, "...No. But what if he does? What if I start getting feelings for Owen again? What if--"

"Natalia," Jackson cut her off from her ramble, placing a hand on her shoulder, "you picked a good guy, you'll make it work somehow, and I'm sure he'll come down to visit. As for Owen, I doubt you'll get feelings for him again if you just focus on your work."

Natalia sighed, looking at him, "Okay..." She paused, "What if he breaks up with me?" and Jackson groaned. 

Natalia stood next to Jackson as they both updated their patients charts, along with April, Cristina, and Alex who were in the Nurse's Station as well.

"So what are you going to do, then?" Jackson asked, turning his head to slightly look at Natalia.

Natalia sighed, "I don't know. I-"

"So they're probably gonna fire me." Meredith stormed up to Alex, having all of the groups heads turn to them, "Are you happy?"

"Oh, come on." Alex said, "They're not gonna--"

"I want your crap out of my house by the end of the day." Meredith walked away and Cristina made her way to Alex.

"What the hell was that?"

Alex opened his mouth to respond but was interrupted by all of their pagers going off. All of them looked at each other before leaving their charts at the Nurses Station and walking away.

"A 757 went down in the sound." Dr. Webber stood on top of the stairs, looking over at his doctors as Owen stood next to him.