1

Sofia is the name of Carinas little sister, she's been stuck in Italy with her father. She's now thirteen and she booked the first plane ticket that she could fine to Seattle. Everyone new about their fathers bipolar but what they didn't know is that it has gone worse, he's threatened Sofia multiple times and if she did not listen he would take away her food or take away her phone.

The main thing that caused Sofia to have anxiety almost everyday is when her father had become so angry that he had chopped of her hair. It wasn't the part of her hair becoming shorter that made her scared and frightened, it was that her father didn't even care afterwards. He sat down with his beer in his hand and looked at her.
Sofia hadn't gone to school for a week after that, the amount of panic attacks she went thru was unimaginable.

She's now on a bus towards Seattle, she had been in contact with Carina when she had her phone with her but now it's been at least two weeks. She had come up with an excuse about her short hair, she would tell her the long brown hair annoyed her so she wanted shorter hair instead.
Sofia knows that Carina might not believe it but she really doesn't want to tell her sister all that happened.
Sofia had also heard about mayas girlfriend and she was so happy for her sister that she had found a girlfriend that treated her right.
She's obviously pretty scared that Carina might reject her coming to her since she has maya now, I mean maybe Maya won't like her.

"Grey Sloan memorial hospital, last stop" the bus driver announced.
She grabbed her smaller backpack with one change of clothes, a toothbrush and a book.
She walked out of the bus and breathed in the cold air, she was used to Italy's warm atmosphere. Hearing the birds every morning and hearing the waves of the ocean.
But now the bird noices had changed to car sounds and the calming sound from the waves in the ocean is now people talking. Maybe Italy was better in that way but she really needed to get away from her dad, her situation was not bearable anymore and she knew it too.

[Sofias POV]
I walked thru the main entrance of the hospital, taking in the surroundings I could see. I saw what I think is the nurse station, I walked there.

"Hey how can I help you?"

"Hi, I'm looking for a Carina DeLuca is she available?" I asked.

"Sure, she should be in the attending lounge right now. Take the stairs to the next floor then walk down the hallway and then it's to your left" the nurse said.

"Thank you" I said and left.
I followed the instructions she told me and I soon arrived at a room, I caught a glimpse of a brunette that surely looked like my sister.
I took a deep breath before opening the door.

She didn't react at first but the other person did.

"Hey are you lost?" The man asked.

"No no, Im looking for Carina" I said.

Carina turned around and saw me.

"Sofi?! What are you doing here I thought you were in Italy?" She said as she hugged me tightly.

"Yeah Uhm I was but then I wasn't anymore, and now I'm here" I said.

"Did something happen?" She asked.

"Yeah you could say that but it's not a big deal tho" I said and put on a smile.

"Are you sure?" She said.

"One hundred percent sure" I said.

"Well you can stay with me, Maya and I live together" she said.

"Oh no I don't want to overstep" I said.

"Nonesense, Maya loves you already" she said.

"But we don't know each other" I said.

"I've talked about you a lot, I've missed you so much bambina" she said and kissed my forehead. I could see her happy tears that I was here.

"Don't cry, your gonna make me cry" I said.

"Ah I love you so much Sofi" she said.

"I love you too sis" I said.

"I'll take the rest of the day off so we can go home" she said.

I nodded and took her hand in mine as we walked out of the hospital together, finally I didn't have to be alone anymore. I wonder where Andrew is, I haven't talked to him for a while but he said he's working here tho and I really miss my big brother even tho he was annoying sometimes.

We arrived at an apartment ten minutes later, we walked inside and just by the first look I could see that they had decorated the apartment very modern.
The white walls, grey couch. The kitchen was pretty open with an kitchen island in the middle.

"You can put your stuff in the guest room if you want to" Carina said.

I nodded and walked towards the guest room, I laid my backpack against the bed and then left again.

"Maya is on her way home" she said.

"Okay, are you sure she won't be mad?" I asked.

"I'm sure, I promise" she said.
She looked at me for a long time.

"What happened to your hair?" She asked.

My palms got a little sweaty.

"I Uhm I" we got cut off by the door opening.
Thanking god for that.

"Hey Maya" Carina said and hugged her girlfriend.

"Hi, you must be Sofia" Maya said.

"H-hi" I said and held out my hand for her to shake.

She looked at me as if I was weird.
She gave me a hug instead.

"Is papa here too?" Carina asked.

"No Uhm just me" I said and tugged on my sleeves
nervously.

"Are you sure everything is okay tho?" Carina asked.

"Yes I'm sure" I said.

She dropped the topic and then we started talking about how their day went at work and how my flight here was.
I avoided talking about my dad or any of the things that had happened, every time Carina would ask me a question that was about dad or me I would change the topic and ask Maya something instead.

Later that evening it was time to go to sleep, I just begged to everything that I don't have nightmares.
I can't risk Carina or Maya hearing me, then I won't be able to answer all the questions that they ask. I don't want to break down completely. I need to work out a plan on how I'm supposed to do this.