27

[Sofia's POV]
Waking up I noticed Carina was gone but Maya still had her grip on my hand.
I walked out to the kitchen were I heard Carina's voice, she was talking to someone on the phone and it sounded pretty serious but she still sounded excited somehow.
I didn't want to eavesdrop so I walked in to the bathroom to take a shower.

[Carina's POV]
The social worker is on the phone and they need an emergency placement for a boy, she hasn't told me anything about him yet not even his age or name but it's urgent.

*phone call*

"Will you be able to take him in?" She asked.

"Absolutely, when?" I asked.

"In three days, I'm so sorry for this to happen so quickly but he really needs a home urgently" she apologized.

"It's okay we will be just fine, can I ask some questions?" I asked.

"Of course, go ahead" she said.

"What's his name and age? What happened to make him need a new home so urgently?" I asked.

"His name is Enzo and he's four years old, Unfortunately I can not tell you what happened to him since I don't even know everything myself, I will let you know once I've been handed all the information" she said.

"Alright thank you, is there something we should know?" I asked.

"Pick him up at Saturday morning, be gentle with him and try not to ask too many questions in the beginning" she said.

"Okay, see you then" I said.

That was fast, now I just need to tell Maya without freaking her out.

I walked in to our bedroom and gently stroked her back to wake her up.

"Hey Bambina, we need to talk" I said.

"What happened?" She asked now waking up more.

"The social worker called, there's a boy in desperate need of a home so we are picking him up on Saturday" I said.

"W-what? But we don't have anything" she said nervously.

"It's okay Bambina" I said.

"We haven't f-fixed anything" she said nervously.

"Honestly Bambina I think he will be happy to get a home, we can fix his room the way he wants it later on it doesn't need to happen now" I said.

"Okay okay, what did she tell you about him?" She asked.

"His name is Enzo and he's four years old, she couldn't tell me the reason for the emergency placement over the phone since she didn't know everything herself" I said.

"Okay that's good, anything else?" She asked.

"We shouldn't ask too many questions and we should try to be as gentle as we can" I said.

"Have you told Sofia?" She asked.

Just as Maya asked Sofia walked out of our bathroom.

"I kind of heard your conversation while I showered" she said nervously.

"It's okay Bambina" I said.

"But this is really great right?" Sofia asked excitedly.

"Yeah it is, and we all need to help him feel welcome here and try to be as calm as possible" I said.

"Is he taking the room next to mine?" Sofia asked.

"Yes, I hope that's okay" I said.

"Of course it's okay, Maya would you like me to go get your report from the station so you guys can talk for a bit"Sofia asked.

"That would be really nice, but keep your phone on" Maya said to her as she walked out of our room.

[Sofia's POV]
I walked down to the station and grabbed the incident report for Maya, the others were out on a call so I didn't get to say hi.
As I started walking back home again my phone light up.

Hi how are you today? -Amelia.

I'm good, I spent some time with Maya and Carina today and that was fun -Sofia.

Would you like to come over some day now that you have summer break? You could get to meet scout and Link -Amelia.

Sure, just say when -Sofia.

Maybe Wednesday? I can pick you up around lunch time if that's alright with you -Amelia.

That sounds good, see you then -Sofia.

I put my phone down and walked in to Carina and Maya.

Unfortunately I found them on the couch, making out.

"Uhm"

They didn't notice me.

I see they did a lot of talking about the situation.

I walked to the kitchen instead and started making a lot of loud noises as I brewed the coffee so they wouldn't take it any further.

Just as I took a hold of my coffee cup I heard what I think was moaning, not wanting to wait to find out what it was I quickly made my way to my room.

I put my headphones in and listened to some music while I started reading a book Carina lended me.

The next time I looked up from the book Carina we're standing by the doorway looking at me.

"You looked so relaxed reading I didn't want to interrupt you" she said.

"Oh it's fine" I said.

"Amelia asked me to come over to her house so I could meet Scout and Link, if that's okay with you of course" I said.

"Yeah that's fine with me, ask her if she wants to come down to the station on Friday when your birthday is" she said.

"I Uh don't know, I don't want her to feel forced to be there and Maya already said you and Andy would be there" I said.

"I can mention it to her then, are you excited for your birthday?" She asked as she sat down next to me.

"I just want to spend the day with you and Maya"

"Andy Vic and Amelia can come too but I don't want to make a big deal about it" I said.

"Is there a reason for it?" She asked.

"Not necessarily, I just don't want to be the center of attention. I don't like it when everyone is looking at me" I said.

"I get it, I'm sure you will like what Maya and I planned out" she said.

"Are you guys going to tell everyone that your fostering a child" I asked. Not wanting to slip up and accidentally tell someone.

"Probably this weekend, maybe the day after your birthday or something, I believe Maya has to go to the station then so you and I can come with and we will tell everyone" she said.

"Ah okay, that'll be good" I said.