32

[No one's POV]
Enzo fell asleep yesterday but he woke up multiple times and each time he checked that the door was still open.
Enzo was really nervous to sleep and also wake up today, he didn't talk so much yesterday because the poor boy was super scared. Not wanting to do anything to make them angry or upset with him so he just thought it would be for the best if he talked as little as possible.

"Good morning Enzo, did you sleep well?" Maya asked.

"Yes ma'am" he said.

"Remember that your supposed to calm me Maya, no need for the other names" she said calmly.

"sorry, slept good Maya" He said.

"Great, Carina is making breakfast downstairs so I was just wondering if you have any allergies that we should know about" she asked.

"I don't think so" He answered.

"Okay, we were thinking of going to the mall to get you some clothes and more personal things for your room today. But only if your comfortable with that of course" she said.

"You don't need too" He said and sighed.

"We want too" she said.

"I'm only staying here for a couple of days before I go somewhere else right? That's what the Lady said that I Uhm needed an emergency placement" He tried explaining.

"Oh that's not what an emergency placement means Buddy, it just meant that you needed a safe home fast"

"We are not planning on sending you away, we want you to stay here so we can get to know you" she said.

"Okay" He said quietly, taking in all the new information.

He thought for a moment, imagining all the different scenarios that could possibly happen if he went to the mall with them. Sure it would be a lot of people but it will probably not take so much time.

"I can go to the mall with you" He said.

"Awesome, let's get downstairs and eat some breakfast then" she said, she held out her hand for him to take but He didn't reach out his hand. This might all be a trap.

She gave him a smile instead, they walked to the kitchen together.

He stood by the table waiting for someone to tell him where he could sit or stand.

"You can sit down by the table, the breakfast is done soon" Carina said.

He sat down and Carina handed him a plate with something he did not know what it was, a lot of fruit and berries too.
There was a lot of food, not even sure he could manage half of it.

"What's that?" He asked and pointed at his.plate.

"Ah you've never tried that? It's French toast" Carina said and looked a little surprised that he didn't know what it was.

He started eating as they sat down with him.
As he had finished half of the plate he couldn't get anymore food down.
Enzo looked at Carina Maya and Sofia, all of them had finished their plates.

"It's okay if you can't eat all of it, please have some more water tho" Maya said.

"Sorry" Enzo said.

"It's okay" Maya said and smiled.

Enzo finished the glass of water then they started getting ready for going to the mall, mostly them getting ready since he had borrowed a pair of Sofia's sweatpants and one of Maya's T-shirts.

"Is there something specific you want for your room? Like wallpaper or something?" Carina asked.

"I like the wallpapers as it is" He said.