9

[Sofia's POV]
Carina told me yesterday that they were going to have a funeral for Andrea today, a few people from the hospital is coming and also from the station.
I hope they didn't invite Papa because I wouldn't want that. He would be so mad at me.

I got out of bed and pulled out my black dress Maya let me borrow, it was a little big but it will work.
I put the dress on and brushed my hair.

"You look beautiful" Carina said as she walked in.

"Thanks would just hope it wore under different circumstances" I said and sighed.

"I know me too, whenever you feel like it's to much just tell me and we can go outside for a bit" she said.

"I don't want to draw any attention towards me so I'll manage" I said and sighed.

"No you'll not manage okay? If you need to breath for a second then that's what we'll do" she said.

"Okay, can I- I never mind" I said.

"Talk to me Sof" She pleaded.

"I- I love you" I said.

"I love you too bambina" Carina said.

"Are you guys ready?" Maya asked.

"Mmhm" I said.

We walked out of the apartment and drove towards the funeral.

The whole way there it was like I wasn't conscious, it's like I was there but still not. I could see Carina's mouth open and close as she looked at Maya but I couldn't comprehend what she was saying.

The car stoped and we stepped out, there was a lot of people standing by the entrance of the church.

I took a hold of Carina's hand as we walked towards the entrance, everyone looked at us with sympathy.

"I know that someone telling you how sorry they am is not going to help you, therefor I'm only going to say that I'm here for you if you need me at any time day or night it doesn't matter" Amelia said.

"Thanks, it means a lot" I said and put on a smile.

We got seated in the church, I sat by the exit of our bench and Maya sat next to me and then there was Carina.

"We are all gathered here today to pay our respect for the beloved Andrew Deluca" The priest started with.

I took a deep breath, a scent of flowers and perfume filled me up.

Looking around the church I couldn't help but wonder who all these people are, I mean I don't even know half of them and they are attending at my brothers funeral.

"You okay? Do you want to take a breather?" Maya asked quietly.

I shook my head as I looked at her.

I didn't trust my own voice at this point, it felt like if I would try to form any words I would just break down and cry. I wouldn't want to embarrass myself in front of all these people either.

"Sofia? We can put our flowers on his coffin now" Maya said.

I nodded and took a hold of the flowers I bought for him.
I had specifically told Maya that I wanted to buy them on my own, five red roses.

The three of us walked to the front of the church where his coffin where laying.

I closed my eyes for a second and prayed, I don't know what I prayed for but I think it was that I hoped he could be at peace now and feel safe.

I put the flowers and the little note I wrote on his coffin where no one else had put anything.

I saw a woman walking towards me, she opened her arms and were about to hug me.
I didn't know the woman so I backed away.

"N-no" I said and looked at her.

"Everyone can take their seats again" the priest said.

"Come here Bambina" Carina said.

"I-I don't- No"

"I don't want to" I said, tearing up.

"Come on let's take a breather outside" Maya said.

I crouched down in the floor and sat on my knees, silent tears falling down my face.

I could feel everyone looking at me.

"Okay Bambina we can stay as long as you want" Carina said.

"Lo rivoglio indietro" I whispered. (I want him back)

"I know I know" Carina said.

I broke down as I put my hands over my mouth.

The room suddenly felt a lot bigger and the people became a lot more and all eyes were on me.
Panic starting to boil up my chest, I felt someone rubbing my back. I look up to see Maya standing next to me.

She picked me up and gently helped me outside.

Her hug felt warm and safe, I liked her hugs.

It wasn't too tight so it made you feel claustrophobic it was perfect.

"Bambina? Feeling any better" Carina asked.

"I-I completely embarrassed myself" I said.

"No no no, you did not embarrass yourself okay? It's okay to cry and be angry as much as you want. He is your brother and he will always be, those people in there doesn't matter okay? Your entitled to your feelings" Maya said.

"Thank you" I said.

"We can go back now" I said.

"You sure?" Carina asked.

"Yeah I'm good" I said.

We walked back inside and luckily nobody noticed since the priest were holding some speech.

I leaned my head against Carinas shoulder, listening to what the priest said even tho I did not understand half of it.

After the funeral everyone gathered outside.

Another woman walked up to me but she seemed a lot younger.

"Hey, if you ever need anything I'm here" she said.

"Thank you, what's your name?" I asked.

"Oh I'm sorry, my name is Jo Wilson" she said.

"Well thank you Jo, it's really nice of you" I said.

"No problem, Andrew was one of the nicest people I knew he wouldn't hurt a fly" she said.

"Yeah he is like that" I said and smiled.

"Bambina? Are you ready to leave" Carina asked.

"Yeah" I said.

"Ah ah ah I wouldn't think that" a man said.

I turned around, immediately wishing that I hadn't.

————

A/N
Thank you so much for 1K reads, if you have anything you would like me to change to make the story better, just let me know!