44

Even though Carina and Maya agreed on being a little more easy to Sofia, Carina still didn't allow Sofia to go to the football game but she did get her phone back.

No one other than Sofia had read the letter and she had decided that she wanted it to stay that way, it was for the best anyway.

[Sofia's POV]

While Carina was away with Enzo, I laid in bed scrolling through my phone. I received a message from Ben, asking when I would be at the football game. I texted him back telling him that I was not allowed to go anymore and that he had to go alone, after that I didn't get anymore texts from him.

"Sofia, dinner is ready" Maya announced.

"Just a second" I told her, changing in to my other clothes that would cover up my thighs a little bit more.

Just as I had put the food on my plate and found my seat at the table, Carina and Enzo joined us. Maya kept glancing over at me like something was wrong but I quickly shrugged it off.

"Are you expecting someone?" May asked when there was a knock on the door.

"No, you said I couldn't go anywhere" I reminded them, looking at Carina.

Maya went to open the door, Ben walking through the door and in to the kitchen. He waved nervously and smiled.

"Hi Ben" I greeted confused.

"We'll be at my room" I announced, leaving the kitchen to go upstairs.

"I didn't know you that you were coming here, I thought you were going to the football game" we sat down on my bed.

"Yeah but you weren't allowed to come so I thought I would keep you company, at least for a while" he explained.

[Maya's POV]

"I didn't know they were friends" I spoke quietly to Carina.

"Me neither, I hope he is good" she said.

"Mama help me, please" Enzo pleaded, holding his little teddy bear in his arms.

"I'll be right there, bambino"

While Carina helped our little boy I went to start cleaning the apartment a little bit. I made sure to check that Sofia's door was still open so they didn't close it. I started by cleaning the bathrooms.

Without thinking much of it I went to Sofia's room to ask her about school but I stopped abruptly when I heard what she was talking about.

"I just don't feel like this is my home"

"I don't have anyone, no parents and I kind of feel left out? Enzo has his moms but what about me, I don't have anyone" I heard her say.

"And Carina is always angry with me, she's so upset with everything I do and I just ugh I don't have any energy for it anymore" she admitted.

"You can always stop by at my place if you feel like it, because I know exactly how you feel. It's the same thing with my little siblings, it's like they forget you" Ben said.

I quietly walked passed her door so I wouldn't make my presence known, I felt a lump in my throat, how could we not have noticed? She was feeling alone in her own family and we didn't notice.

I kept it to myself until Ben left her room, I quickly made my way in to Sofias room to talk.

"Hey kiddo, I think we need to have a chat" I said gently, placing my hand on her back.

"Why?" She asked.

"I- overheard your conversation earlier with Ben and I didn't know that it was how you felt, why didn't you come to us?" I asked gently.

"Don't you get it? You are Enzo's mother and so is Carina, I'm just the kid you took care of because I couldn't live on my own" she explained which made my heart drop.

"Hey, you know that is not true. I love you just as much as I love Enzo and I know that Carina care for you and love you a lot" I reassured her,

"Then why is she acting like I am the last person she wants to see? She's always angry with me and all she ever talk about is my attitude, I am angry because it feels like she doesn't want me here anymore" she admitted with tears streaming down her face, she reached her hand to scratch her thigh but it made her wince in pain.

"Why is there blood on your fingers, Sof? Are you injured" I changed the subject.

"It's- it's nothing" here face suddenly went pale and she became nervous.

"Let me see" I demanded.

"I don't wa-"

"Let me see, Sofia" I said again, crouching down in front of her as she hesitantly started to pull her pants up so I was able to see.

Red cuts, multiple of them.

They looked new, some of them still hadn't healed.

"Why Sof?"

"I-I'm sorry" she cried.

"I couldn't stop" she pulled her pants back down.

"It's okay, I'm here now, just breath" I kept repeating, pulling her in for a hug while she continued to cry.

It felt like my heart was literally breaking for her, she had been feeling like this for a long time and I didn't notice, I should've noticed.

"What happened?" I heard Carina ask quietly.

I shook my head and told her that right now I think it would be for the best if she waited outside.

"I- I read the letter" Sofia admitted, reaching it.

"Do you want me to read it?" I asked her.

"Mmhm, show Carina" she nodded, her eyes slowly closing as she fell asleep from all the crying.

I let her rest against my body until I knew that she was really asleep, I tucked her in and then took the letter to make my way to Carina.

"I think you and I need to read this together, Sofia received it and I have a feeling of who sent it" I said.

I opened the letter and the two of us started reading it together. Carina's eyes filled with anger but also with tears. I think this was all very overwhelming for her.

"He is manipulating her, this is completely absurd!" She yelled.

"I know, I know and we won't let anything happen to her" I spoke.

"He is making her believe that he's completely changed, this is just adding even more to her trauma" she sighed.

"There's something else you need to know" I said quietly.

I proceeded with telling her about how Sofia's mental health has been and how she has been hurting herself for a while now. By the time I finished speaking, Carina was almost shaking.

"I-I can't understand- I didn't know"

"You are not the one to blame for this, but I do think that it would be a wise decision for us to have a conversation with her because we need to get better at communicating" I said.

"Okay.. let me go see her first"

[Carina's POV]

I left Maya in the living room before I went to Sofia's room, opening her door just to see her fast asleep.

I carefully laid down on her bed right next to her so I didn't disturb her. She turned around and sleepily looked up at me, rubbing her eyes.

"I'm s-"

"It's okay Sof, we can talk later" I reassured her.

"For now, just rest" I said.

A/N
Would you want more drama or fluffy chapters?

Hope you have a good day!