26

(Two days later)
[Carina's POV]
Sofia has been more distant towards Maya and I since the proposal. I know it has nothing to do with Maya and I getting married but maybe it brought up memories for her that are hard to deal with.
She's pushing us away and won't talk to us, I agreed that she could skip the therapist appointment yesterday because she sounded really tired but now I'm starting to change my mind because she's only staying in her room and barely eats anything.
I offered to watch Star Wars with her since I know she likes those kinds of movies but she declined my offer immediately without even thinking about it.

I asked her if she wanted to go for a walk but she said no, she won't do anything and I have no idea what I'm going to do to help her.
It's driving me crazy knowing she's not happy.

"Maybe she would like to visit the station?" Maya suggested.

"I don't know Maya, I don't think she would agree on that" I said and sighed as I unbuckled myself from the car.

"We will figure something out okay? Together" she said.

"Yeah" I said quietly.

"Have a good day at work baby" she said.

"You too Bambina" I said as I walked out of the car and in to the hospital.

I walked in to the attending lounge and sat down.

"Everything okay?" Amelia asked.

"No, no everything is not okay" I said.

"What's going on?" She asked gently.

"Sofia, she won't talk to me or Maya she's shutting everyone out and she's only in her room" I said.

"Have you tried asking her what's wrong?" She asked.

"Yes multiple times, she's shutting down and I don't know what to do. She's taking her meds like she's supposed to but she's not herself" I said.

"Let me try? I can talk to her" she said.

"I don't know, she barely says anything" I said.

"She knows me, I'll go with you after work and I'll try talking to her. It's worth a try" she said.

"Thank you Amelia" I said.

"No problem, and congratulations by the way I heard your marrying Maya" she said and smiled.

"Yeah, I'm really excited about that" I said.

The day went by quickly and I explained to Maya that Amelia would try talking to Sofia that's why she was coming home with us.

[Amelia's POV]

I knocked on Sofia's bedroom door and waited for her to let me in.

"Go away" she said.

"It's Amelia, can I come in please?" I asked.

"Come in" she said.

I walked in to her room, her curtains were shut closed the light was off and she was laying in her pajama under the covers.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"I hate it" she said.

"What?" I asked.

"I hate that I am like this, I-I can't take care of myself and I can't keep relying on other people to help me all the time and there's this-" she rambled but quickly stoped herself.

"There's this?" I asked trying to get her to finish her sentence.

"Voice, there's this voice inside my head telling me to do all these things and whenever I'm doing something it tells me that it's wrong and I can't- I really can't"