40

[No one's POV]
The trip to Italy was good, the Deluca-Bishop family had a really good time together. Carina along with Sofia showed Maya and Enzo around and the places they visited when they were younger. They all came back home well rested, unfortunately to a very cold and rainy Seattle.

A loud crack of thunder that rattled the windows had startled Enzo awake. The boy whimpered, clutching his teddy bear tightly under his arm closing his eyes. He pulled the blanket over his head trying to block out the sound. But it didn't help as another roll of thunder rumbled, he let a whine escape cuddling even closer to his teddy bear.

Enzo hated thunderstorms, just raining is fine he even finds it soothing from time to time but thunderstorms were a whole different story. It was loud and scary.

As the loud noises stoped for some time Enzo pulled the blanket of his face and got out of bed, his teddy bear tucked under his arm while he held the blanket in his other hand. Carefully walking to his mommies room to see if they were awake. As he opened their door He could see his mama sleeping peacefully and so was his mommy. Enzo did not want to wake them up but he was scared. He walked closer to the bed.

"Mommy?"

"Mommy wake up please" he pleaded.

[Maya's POV]
I felt someone shaking me awake, I opened my eyes quickly to see what was going on. Enzo were standing by my bedside clutching his teddy bear, his eyes filled with tears.

"What's wrong bubba?" I asked.

"It's so loud, can't sleep" he explained.

"Come lay down with me" I told him.

"When does it stop?" He asked.

"I don't know buddy, do you want to watch a movie instead on the couch? I can get you some milk and fruit" I suggested.

"You too" he said.

"Yes, me too" I confirmed.

He took my hand quietly as we walked to the kitchen, I tried keeping quiet since Carina and Sofia is still asleep.
I poured a glass of milk and cut up some strawberries for Enzo then put them by the couch.

"What do you want to watch?" I asked.

"Can you read?" Enzo asked.

"Of course, let me go get a book first" I told him.

When I had picked out a book and walked back to the couch Enzo had finished his glass of milk and some of the strawberries, his eyes completely wide as he looked out the window seeing the lightning outside and hearing the loud noises. I approached him placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Why don't we close this" I said and closed the curtains.
I picked him up and placed him on my lap.

"I know its scary with all the noise but I promise it's not going to hurt you, let's try have some quiet time so I can read a little for you" I told him.

"Mommy?" He asked as I started reading.

"Yeah?"

"Why didn't I have a mommy before?" He asked.

"What do you mean bubba?" I asked a little confused.

"Everyone has a mommy and a daddy but I didn't have that, don't understand" he said frustrated.

"Well sometimes mommies and daddies can't take care of their babies so they have to give them to someone else that can help take care of the baby instead" I told him.

"I don't have a daddy, I have two mommies" he said.

"Yeah you do, is that something that you don't like?" I asked carefully.

"I love my mommies" he told me.

"We love you too buddy" I kissed his forehead.

I read a few pages before he fell asleep, snuggled up on my chest holding on to my shirt tightly with his tiny hand.
I stayed awake for a couple of minutes longer just watching him sleep, feeling so much joy for how much his health has improved since he started staying with us. He barley dared to look me in the eyes the first time we met him but now he can ask me questions and maintain eye contact, don't even get me started on Enzo and Sofia's relationship. Sofia is so protective over him, she holds his hand when they cross the street and she's trying to teach him how to tie his shoelaces maybe not which so much luck but they're getting there. Enzo loves watching cartoons with Sofia on the weekend mornings when she doesn't have school and he always comes with us in the car when we drop Sofia off at school. He insists on getting out of the car to give Sofia a big hug for good luck every time.

[Carina's POV]
After waking up and getting dressed I made my way to Sofia's room, she was already awake looking at her phone.

"Good morning Bambina" I said.

"Morning" she said.

I laid down next to her pulling her closer to me.

"You know your amazing right?" Sofia asked.

"What?" I said.

"Your amazing, the way you took me in when I came here to Seattle. You just let me stay here in your apartment, helping me with everything and Maya accepted it too. I don't even know where I would be if I hadn't found you Carina, if I hadn't moved away from papa I would probably be stuck there still with him"

"I love you to death" she told me.

"I love you to Sofia, you don't even need to thank me for any of this tho. You are my sister so of course I would help you, Maya and I love having you here and Enzo absolutely adores you. You are a part of our family here you don't just live here your my family as much as your Maya's family and Enzo's" I told her.

"Can we join in on your cuddle time?" Maya asked holding Enzo in her arms.

"Of course" I said.

We laid there all cuddled up in Sofia's bed, just appreciating each other. Our own little family.

A/N
This is the last chapter of this book, I hope you liked it and thank you for reading!