17

[Sofia's POV]
I had done the test yesterday so now I'm back in the office to see what Hannah thinks.

I'm really nervous about the results of course, because I'm not broken.

"Please come on in" Hannah said.

"So what's the results?" I asked as soon as I sat down.

"Let's talk for a bit first"

"I understand that it's is a hard thing for you especially when you have illnesses in your family"

"That's why I want you to keep seeing me even when you've been diagnosed-" she said.

"Wait, what do you mean with diagnosed? What's wrong with me?" I asked.

"You have been diagnosed with anxiety and depression, it's probably what causes you to have issues with trusting people and your scared of them leaving. The anxiety can show up in a lot of different forms like sadness tiredness or you become angry" she said.

"The medication will help you feel more relaxed" she added.

"But- I'm- no wait" I said

"Sofia you have to understand that I will never say anything like that, I have my reasons and I read thru your test multiple times that's how I could make the diagnoses" she said.

This can not be happening right now.

"I would like it if you start on a medication, you will try it for about a week or two. If it's not working then we can try another one" she said.

"Sofia? Are you listening?" She asked.

"Mmhm" I said.

"I will inform your sister about this and also Maya, I think that this is enough for today"

"You can pick up your medication here at the hospital"

"I'll see you next week" she said.

She literally diagnosed me like it was nothing, like it was normal.

Some people will probably think I'm overreacting but I'm really not, even tho she didn't diagnose me with something like bipolar disorder this is still a big deal.
It still feels hard for me to hear someone just say the word 'diagnosed'.

I walked to the parking lot where Carina were waiting.

"It's going to be okay, I promise" she said.

"Do you have the meds?" I asked.

"Yeah I picked them up" she said.

I nodded and leaned against the car window.

This time I didn't think of any good memories.
I thought of the easiest way to just get away from all of this. The feeling of constant disappointing and failing others is a lot to carry on my shoulders.
Unfortunately that's how my life has been and will always be, that's at least how it looks like now.

I mean Carina will probably say that everything is fine but deep down I think that she will be disappointed or angry with me.

I don't know what Maya will think, maybe she'll just kick me out.

I would be fine with that too, I can't make them keep me.

[Carina's POV]

Sofia went straight to the room as we arrived at the apartment.

I put the medication in the kitchen and sat down by the couch.

"She didn't take it well?" Maya asked.