31

[Carina's POV]
Maya and I have started planning the wedding but just small details, we left all the decorations and stuff like that to Andy and Vic as they said they really wanted to handle that. I have a surprise for Sofia, she's going to have a big role in the wedding which I hope she will be happy with.

Seeing both Maya and Sofia playing with Scout yesterday made me feel amazing, I know that Maya will be the best mother ever even tho she battles with her insecurities she will try her best to make our child feel loved and safe with us.
I already knew Sofia would be grate with kids because she's always so kind and always puts others feelings before her's which can be both good and bad, depends on which situation.

We are picking up the younger boy today, we decided that it would be for the best if Sofia waited at home so we wouldn't overwhelm her with more people than was necessary.

"Ready?" She asked as we walked in to the building.

I nodded and took a hold I her hand, I quickly noticed the social worker standing by the front desk.

A younger boy were standing next to her but still a bit further away.
Brown hair blue eyes, tho you could barely see his eyes as he looked at the ground.
Very tiny for being a four years old, dressed in a pair of dirty jeans and a t-shirt.

"Hi there you are" the social worker said.

"This is Enzo" she said and walked to us with him.

"Hi Enzo, nice to meet you" we said happily.

He gave us a small wave.

We signed the papers then we walked to the car, I noticed Enzo didn't have a backpack which meant that he didn't have any other clothes or stuff.

He followed us but still kept his distance.

He buckled himself in the car and we drove towards the apartment, I noticed the file had arrived so I quickly grabbed it and put it in our bedroom so we could look thru it later on tonight.

Sofia was sat by the kitchen table when we walked in.

"This is my sister Sofia, she lives here too" I said to Enzo.

"Hi" he said almost as a whisper to Sofia.

Sofia said hello to him then she went to her room.

"Are you hungry or thirsty?" I asked him.

"No ma'am" he said.

"You can call me Carina, and she is Maya" I said and pointed at Maya.

He nodded.

I decided on bringing some water bottles and snacks to the couch so he could grab something if he wanted to later. I put it on the table, Maya and I sat down while Enzo just stood there.

"You can sit down here" I said.

He made his way to the other side of the couch, he sat down and started looking at the TV.

[Maya's POV]

I watched him carefully as he fidgeted on the couch, playing with his fingers glancing nervously all around the apartment.

"M-m-Maya?" He said quietly.

"Yes?" I said gently.

"C-can I go to the bathroom?" He asked.

"Yes of course, I'll show you where it is" I said.

I led him to the bathroom.

"Do you want the door open or closed?" I asked.

"N-not closed please" he hurried out.

"I'll keep it slightly open, promise" I said.

I put his clothes in the washing machine and then grabbed a water bottle and a fruit to put on Enzo bedside table, In case he gets hungry before he goes to sleep. We didn't want to pressure him in to eating on his first day here.

I saw him walking out of the bathroom in my shirt.

I led him to his room where he would be sleeping, Carina followed us.

"Here's your room, it looks a little bit boring now but we can fix that if you want to" I said.

"It's okay" I he said.

"We are just down the hall and you share a bathroom with Sofia, she has the room next to you" I said.

He nodded.

"If there's anything that you want to ask us or something that you need just come knock on our door and we will help you okay bambino?" Carina said.

"Okay" he said.

"Goodnight then, sweet dreams" I we said.

"Night" he said.

I left the door open when we walked out.

[Sofia's POV]

As I had just finished brushing my teeth in the bathroom I saw Enzo standing outside waiting.

"I'm done now, you can go in" I said.

"Thanks" he said.

"A-are they nice?" He asked quietly.

"Yes they are, Carina is the sweetest person and she's always nice. Maya is too and they will always make sure you feel safe and welcome here"

"You won't ever have to worry about that" I said.

"Okay, thanks" he said.

"No worries, you can always come in to my room if you can't sleep at night or if you need something" I said.

"But your sleeping" he said.

"It doesn't matter, I can go back to sleep later" I said and smiled.

"Alright" he said and sounded relieved.

"Goodnight" I said.

"Night" he said.

I walked back to my room and laid down on the bed.