23

[Carina's POV]
I let go of her hands and pulled her closer to me instead.

"I'm sorry Bambina" I said as I held her.

"Are you mad?" She asked.

"No no no, of course I'm not mad at you. I could never" I said.

"I really wanted to" she said.

"I know I know, there are other ways too to have a baby. I could carry it or we could adopt" I said.

"Really? You would want that?" She asked.

"Yes of course"

"I love you so so so much Maya and I would do literally anything for you and with you, I love you and I always will do that. It doesn't matter that you can't have a baby because there are other ways okay? I don't want you to think I'm angry with you because of this" I said.

"I love you" Maya said.

We laid down together on the couch and I continued stroking her hair until she fell asleep.

I know Maya inside and outside, she will overthink this at least a hundred times and still think I'm mad at her.
But then I'll just be there those hundred times and reassure her I'm here for her.

As I looked down again she was still asleep, I gently released myself from her grip and walked to the bathroom.

I took off all of my clothes and went in the shower.

After washing my body and my hair I wrapped myself in a towel before looking thru my wardrobe to find clothes.

I decided on a pair of blue jeans and a Black v-Neck t-shirt.

I heard the front door open so I quickly made my way there.

"I'm back" Sofia said.

"Hi, did you have fun?" I said quietly.

"Yeah it was fun, why are we whispering?" She asked.

"Because Maya had a bit of a rough morning so she finally went to sleep, I don't want to wake her" I said.

"What happened? Is she alright?" She asked.

"It's not my place to tell, you can ask her yourself later if you want to" I said.

"Ah okay" she said.

[Maya's POV]

I woke up slowly after the little nap I had.

If I went back three years in time I would never ever imagine myself having a child, but as the time has passed and I met Carina the only thing I want right now is to have a baby with the woman I love.

Every time I see Andy and Robert with their little daughter I smile so big that my face literally hurts, they look so happy. Don't get me wrong, I am happy too but I feel like there's something missing.

Imagine a mini Carina running around boy or a girl it wouldn't matter, with those brown eyes that you could literally melt in to. When the sunlight shines on them they look completely amazing.
The brown slightly curly hair.

I can imagine myself waking up early on the weekends to go for a walk but this time with our child.
Taking long walks with Carina and the kid and of course Sofia too.

"Do you want some coffee?" Sofia asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Sure, thank you" I said.

"Your welcome" she said.

"Did Carina say something?" I asked.

"No no she didn't, she just said you were a little sad so I thought you might want coffee" she said and smiled.

"That's very nice of you, hug?" I asked.

She didn't have to be told twice, she sat down next to me and pulled me in for a hug.

"I was thinking, maybe we can go down to the station soon again. Since you liked going there with Andy I'm sure we can drive in the engine for a while" I said.

"Seriously? That would be so fun" She said.

"Then it's settled" i laughed.

"Have you decided anything you want to do on your birthday?" I asked.

"Ride in the engine? With Andy Vic you and Carina?" She asked.

"If that's what you want then sure, nothing else?" I asked.

"Nope, oh wait can we just spend the entire day at the station?" She asked excitedly.

"Carina is so going to regret you staying with Andy, your obsessed"

"But sure, I'll let Andy and Vic know too so they can celebrate with us" I said.

"That sounds good" she said.

"Is to there someone else you want to be there?" I asked.

"I don't really know anyone else, Maybe Amelia at the hospital and Jo" she said.

"They're nice" she added.

"I'll make that happen" I said.

"I'm going to take a nap" she said.

"Alright, we'll let you know when dinner is ready" I said as she walked out of the living room.

Carina sat down next to me.

"Can we talk more about what we said earlier?" She asked.

"It's okay if your mad" I said quietly.

"No Bambina stop okay? I don't like when your overthinking, I will never be mad at you and if something is bugging me then I promise I will tell you alright?" She asked and held out her pinky finger.

"Promise" I said and locked my pinky finger with hers.

"So, first of would you rather adopt or do the IVF?" She asked.

"I think I would like to adopt actually, I feel like there's a lot of kids that needs families and we can actually provide that" I said.

"Yeah that sounds like a good idea" she said.

"Should I make a call to the social worker?" I asked.

"Yeah that would be a good idea, it will probably take a while before we hear from them" she said.

"Yes probably, are you going to tell your dad?" I asked.

"Probably not, I mean if the conversation comes up then sure" she said.

"I don't think I want to tell my dad" I said.

"And that's okay, you don't have to. I know how he made you feel" she said and put her hand on my knee for comfort.

"I'm not sure it's safe to tell my mother either because she might tell my dad, I don't want our child to deal with him" I said.

"I get it, you don't have to explain yourself for me Bambina. I won't question your feelings about your dad" she said comfortingly.

"God your the best person ever" I said and let out a tear.

"Don't cry, I just want to make you happy" she said.

"Well you make me happy everyday by just being here, waking up to you every morning is just amazing and I want to do that for the rest of my life" I said.

"Are you proposing?" She asked teasingly.

"No not yet, that would've been a terrible proposal" I said and laughed.

"One day I'll make you mine forever, just hang in there" I said.

"I will wait for you forever" she said.