25

[Maya's POV]
I can't believe it, Carina and I are getting married.
Wife and wife.

I feel kind of proud? Of myself for making it this far in life, I mean when I was twelve when the thoughts about dying started I couldn't even imagine making it to my eighteenth birthday. But I did, I made it and now I'm able to spend the rest of my life with the woman who I love more than anything.

Of course I'm scared to, I don't want to mess anything up or make Carina sad.
When I get emotional I sometimes tend to shut people out and become rude, of course I don't do it intentionally but still I know that it's not nice and I certainly don't want to treat Carina badly.
I'm getting better and better everyday tho, Carina knows that I'm trying too. She supports me and she's proud just like I am for her.

I woke up under the warm covers, Carina's arms around my body. She looks so peaceful sleeping next to me, it looks like she's smiling even in her sleep.

I stroked her hair, knowing that we had to get up for work soon and I did not want her to be late, no matter how cute she looked sleeping next to me.

"Carina, wake up" I said gently.

"Mmm" she said still with closed eyes.

"I'll go make us some coffee before work" I informed her before changing my clothes and making my way to the kitchen.

Carina joined me and sat down by the table.

Her face scrunched up and she clutched her stomach.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Don't know, probably just some cramps" she said and gave me a weak smile.

"Well if it gets worse you need to let me know okay? I'll pick you up from work" I said.

"Yeah I'll let you know" she said.

"What's Sofia doing today?" I asked.

"I don't know actually, maybe she'll come down to the station with you or the hospital later" she said.

"Ah okay" I said.

Later on in the morning I took Carina to work, than I drove to the station and started my shift with finishing the reports.

"Can we come in?" Vic and Andy asked.

"Sure" I said.

She opened the door and looked really excited as they sat down by my desk.

"Your scaring me, what's going on" I asked and laughed.

"We want to ask you something" they said.

"Go ahead" I said.

"Can we plan you wedding? Like make the decorations beautiful here at the station and fix with all the food and cake afterwards?" They asked.

"Sure, I don't think Carina will mind" I said.

"Great because we already have started planning, which color would you like to have as a theme?" Vic asked.

"Uh I don't know? What colors can I pick?" I asked.

She looked at me as if I was stupid.

"What? I've never planned a wedding" I said.

"We can have Blue,Red,Pink,white whatever color you would like to have" Vic said.

"Okay maybe white and red then?" I asked.

"Okay, it's settled" they said and walked out.

As they closed the door my phone started going off.

*phone call*

"Hey Carina" I said.

"C-can you Uhm pick me up?" She asked.

"Are you crying? What happened? Are you hurt?" I asked.

"I-I got sick just as I finished checking a mama and I really don't feel good" she said.

"I'll be there in a minute okay? Just breath" I said.

*phone call ended*

[Carina's POV]

I feel weird, my stomach is unsettled and I don't feel good at all. It must be something bad I ate.

"Are you okay in there?" Maya asked form outside the bathroom stall.

"I-I don't know" I said.

I opened it and let her in.

"Do you feel like your going to be sick again?" She asked.

"No" I said.

She helped me up and I leaned against her all the way down to the car where she helped me buckle in.

"I thought it was just my period at first, I usually get it around the first or second but it hasn't come so I don't know" I said.

"Maybe it will go away after you go home and take a nap" Maya said.

"Yeah I hope so" I said.

"Do you want me to make you some soup when we get home?" Maya asked.

"Yes please" I said.

"Okay, do you want anything else from the store?" She asked.

I shook my head, she walked out of the car and in to the store.

Maya came back in to the car a few minutes later with a lot more stuff then she was supposed to buy.

"I got you some candy and some drinks you like baby" she said and handed me the stuff.

"Thank you, your the best" I said.

We drove back to the apartment where I went in to the bathroom to take a shower.

After the shower my body had cooled off a little and I had already started feeling better.

"Maya?" I asked knowing she was outside the door.

"Yes love?" She said.

"Can you hand me a big T-shirt please?" I asked.

"Of course" she said and walked out to get one.

"Here you go love" she said and handed me her fire academy T-shirt.

"Can you stay here with me?" I asked as we sat down on the couch.

"Of course" she said.

I rested my head on her chest as I tried relaxing for a while.

I couldn't help but feel so lucky even tho I'm sick right now I have a beautiful fiancé helping me out.
We are getting married and later on starting fostering a child.

I know lots of children that are in need of families often have been thru a lot of trauma in previous homes so we need to be prepared to help him or her feel welcome here and make them feel

A/N
A shorter chapter today, I have finished writing a lot chapters that are ready to be post so I'll probably update one everyday for some time now. If you have any ideas on future chapters just let me know! I'm open to new ideas