30

(Let's imagine scout is like 1 almost 2 years old here)
[Sofia's POV]
I had been up early today, Amelia is coming to pick me up around lunch and I guess I was a little bit nervous about this that's why I woke up so early.
She has a son with a guy named Link, I've never met either of them but Amelia said Link is very nice so I trust her on that.
I like kids so I don't think there should be a problem with meeting scout.

Carina and Maya are going to take home younger boy tomorrow so they're very excited about that but also very nervous.

"Have you got your backpack with you?" Carina asked.

"Yeah, I have my charger in there" I said.

"And remember to let them know you can't eat something with nuts in it, I don't want you to get an allergic reaction" she said.

"Yes I know I know, what time is your appointment?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"In two hours" she said and smiled.

"Text me how it goes?" I asked hopefully.

"Of course, I'll come pick you up in the afternoon but I'll call first" she said.

"Alright good luck at the appointment, bye" I said and closed the apartment door.

I walked out to the parking lot and tried finding Amelias car, luckily she opened the car door and waved for me so I could easily find her.

"Hey, how are you doing?" She asked happily.

"I'm great, how are you?" I asked.

"I'm good, scout just finished his nap so he should be happy to see you when we get home" she said.

"I'm happy to meet him, I've only seen the pictures you've sent to Carina every once in awhile" I said.

"He is adorable, but don't let his blue eyes get to you because he uses them to get what he wants" she said and chuckled.

"I'll try not to then" I said.

The drive home to Amelia and Links house only took about ten minutes, a big light grey house with a porch.

We walked inside and a younger boy immediately joined us and ran over to Amelia.

"Hi scout, this is Sofia" she said and pointed at me.

"Hi" he said sweetly and waved.

"Hey, nice to meet you" I said and smiled.

He walked over to me and hugged my legs.

Another older man joined us, blonde with blue eyes Scout almost a copy of him.

"Hi Sofia glad to meet you, I'm Link" he said and hugged me.

"Nice to meet you too" I said and smiled at him.

"Sof?" Scout said and tugged on my pants.

"Yes?" I asked.

He pointed at the stairs and looked at me, I of course didn't get what he meant or what I was supposed to do.

"He wants to show you his room" Link said and chuckled.

"Lead the way then" I said and smiled at scout.

He looked a little wobbly when he walked and he's so little.

As we reached the stairs he put his hand on the wall as he tried to keep his balance up when he slowly made his way up the stairs, he put the tip of his tongue out of his mouth as he concentrated on managing all the stairs.