24

[Maya's POV]
Carina called the social worker two days ago and they said they would call us back when they have a child that they think will be a good fit for us.

I have been thinking about this idea for so so so long now, I'm going to propose to Carina but first I need Sofia's approval.

I have this plan that I'm going to take her out for dinner then say I'm going to grab something at the station, Andy Vic Travis and the rest of the team will be there and watch us without Carina knowing.
I have bought a ring so I will put it inside my dress and when we arrive at the station I will get down on one knee and ask the woman of my life to marry me.

It sounds like I have this all planned out which I have but I'm so nervous, what if she doesn't like the ring? What if she's not ready to get married yet.

But I'm doing what feels right.

"Do you want to come with me to the store?" I asked Sofia.

"Sure" she said.

"We will be back in a few minutes babe" I yelled to Carina as we left.

"So what are you getting?" Sofia asked as we walked in to the store.

"Flowers, I need a big bouquet of many beautiful flowers" I said.

"Alright let's look together" she said.

She pulled out a bouquet of blue and white roses.

"I want something more romantic" I said.

She found a bouquet with red and white roses, many roses.

"That's the one" I said.

We paid for it and walked out to the car again.

"I need to ask you something" I said.

"Alright, go ahead" she said.

"As you know I love your sister incredibly much and she means so much to me, I guess I just felt the need to ask you this because your her family and-" I rambled.

"What's your question Maya?" She asked and laughed.

"Do you approve of me marrying your sister?" I asked.

Her smile dropped.

Oh no.

"As long as you don't hurt her ever, never leave her and always make her happy" she said seriously.

"Of course" I said.

"I'm not playing around Maya, she's had enough hurt for a life time" she said.

"Pinky promise" I said and held out my pinky finger.

She locked hers with mine.

"Never break a pinky promise" she said.

"Never" I said.

"When?" She asked.

"Tonight, and I want you to be there"

"I'm going to do it after dinner at the station, Andy will come pick you up at the apartment and drive you to the station" I said.

"Of course I'll be there" she said and hugged me.

"Thank you" she said.

"Does that mean you will be like my family too?" She asked.

"I've seen you as my family since you started living with us Sofia" I said.

"Oh, I didn't know that" she said.

I smiled at her.

"And for the record, when you get to foster a child you will be the best parents ever" she said.