28

[Maya's POV]
Andy Vic and Travis all got up early to decorate the station for Sofia's birthday today, Carina and I decided that it would be best if we stayed here with her in the morning and then just go down to the station with her later.
Carina made her French toast for all of us and I brewed the coffee.

"Should we go wake her up now?" I asked as we had finished preparing breakfast and had nicely put everything in the table.

"Yes, let's go" she said.

When we entered Sofia's room we started singing happy birthday, Sofia's eyes fluttered open after a while and she rubbed her eyes.

"Happy birthday Sofia" I said and hugged her.

"Happy birthday Bella" Carina said and pulled her in for a hug and kissed her forehead.

"Thank you guys" she said and smiled.

We let her get dressed in peace while we went to the kitchen.

Sofia soon joined us, Carina sneakily pulled out a smaller box and went up to Sofia.

[Carina's POV]

I have been keeping this for a really long time, I found out mother's necklace that she wore almost everyday when she was still with us. It's a silver necklace with the letters C,S,A on the back of it.

I know that this will mean a lot for her, that's why I waited for the specific time to give it to her.

"Turn around" I said and she did.

I pulled her hair away as I helped put the necklace on.

"It's beautiful" she said.

"Look on the back of it" I said.

She looked a little hesitant before doing as I said, she looked at me after realizing it was our mothers necklace.
Her eyes filled with tears as she basically jumped in to my embrace.

"Thank you" she whispered in my ear.

I hugged her tighter before letting go.

"She would of wanted you to have it" I said as we sat down by the table and started eating.

We talked about what we were going to do today and how Sofia felt about it, I know she can easily get overwhelmed so I'll keep an eye on that because it's her day today so I want her to be as happy as she can be.

I'm really grateful for Maya right now, she have never complained about anything with Sofia and she has always been helpful. She's the best and I'm so so so happy that Sofia is letting her in and letting Maya help her.

"Ready to leave?" Maya asked.

"I'm ready, are you Sof?" I asked her.

She nodded so we got up and out the dishes away then made our way to the station where the team were waiting.

They had decorated the place nicely with balloons.

[Sofia's POV]

"Happy birthday Mija!" Andy said as she hugged me tightly.

"Thank you Andy" I said.

"Happy birthday! I love your necklace by the way!" Vic said. Her comment made me smile really wide.

"Thanks Vic" I said.

Travis came up to me.

"Congratulations!" He said and hugged me.

"Thanks Travis" I said.

"Let's start with eating the cake!" Andy said.

She cut up a piece of cake for me and for the first time in like forever I actually did not get the anxious feeling in my stomach.

"Blow out the candles and make a wish" Carina said.

I blew out the candles and closed my eyes as I made my wish.

Carina handed me the cake and I sat down next to Maya and Andy was on the other side of me.

"Everything good?" Maya whispered to me.

"Mmhm, not a big fan of attention" I whispered back.

She smiled sympathetically and placed her hand on my knee for comfort.

As everyone had been sat down Amelia walked thru the door.

"Hey, I'm so so so sorry I'm late" she said.

"It's fine, have some cake" Carina said.

She congratulated me and sat down by the table.

After the cake eating everyone stood up and had brought gifts.

Andy gave me a hoodie with the print 'Deluca' on the back and it said 'station 19' on the front.

Travis gave me the matching T-shirt.

Vic gave me a silver bracelet which was really really pretty.

"Thank you so much everyone" I said and hugged each one of them.

"Let's get to the engine!" Vic yelled and pulled everyone with her.

I sat down in the front with Andy while the others sat down in the back.

"Look at her she's so happy! She's going to be a firefighter" Andy exclaimed happily.

I laughed at her.

She took a picture of me when I wasn't ready.

"Nooooo" I whined.

"I'm gonna send it to Carina and Maya" she said.

We drove around for a little bit before we had to get back to the station with the engine.

[Maya's POV]

Yesterday was amazing and Sofia was so happy especially when she got to go in to the engine.
I hope she wants to become a future firefighter.

Carina Sofia and I are currently waiting for everyone to gather around the table at the station, we are going to announce us fostering a younger boy to everyone.

As Miller finally joined us the three of us stood up.

"Okay so, we have a special announcement to make and I hope you will be excited for us" I said.

"We will support you no matter what captain" Travis said.

"Well as you know Carina is my fiancé and we are getting married, but a thing that we had been thinking about for a long time was having a child"

"So that's why we have gathered you here because, On Saturday we get to take home our boy" I said happily.

Andy practically ran and hugged Carina and I, so did Vic.

"Congratulations Mommy's!" Travis said.

"Still captain for you" I said.

"Do you know much about him?" They asked.

"Well it's a boy and he's in desperate need of a home the social worker hasn't given us so much more information" Carina said.

"You will be the best parents ever!" Andy said.

"We will try our best" I said.

"This is amazing, another station kid" she said.

"It is amazing" I said.