8

[Maya's POV]
I finished work early so I started making dinner for the three of us. Carina has taught me many different recipes that she knows from Italy, I'm not saying I'm any good at cooking but she's teaching me so I'm getting better at least.

I've been reflecting over Sofia's Therapy appointment she had earlier today. It takes a lot of bravery and courage to even walk in to the office. I mean when I first went to therapy I hated it because I felt so exposed, like I was just letting a total stranger in to my life and letting them tell me what will help and what won't help my mind set.

Even tho Sofia has only been staying with us for a couple of days I'm very proud of her for going to the appointment, she was very brave.
She didn't speak much about what happened but that's also okay because you can't just expect a person to spill every detail of their life the second you meet them.

I'm glad she trusted me enough to come with her. It did not seem like she was too happy about going there alone next time, but if she feels more comfortable if I sit outside I will do that for her.

As I finished the food Carina and Sofia arrived.

"Hey Bella, how's work?" Carina asked as she hugged me.

"It was good a little bit boring, how about you?" I asked.

"I had one surgery but other than that it was only paperwork" she said and smiled.

"I see you used the recipe I showed you"

"Yeah but don't get your hopes up, it won't taste as good as yours" I said and sighed.

"I'm sure it'll taste good Bella, you did your best and your getting better" she said and kissed me.

"Alright let's dig in then" I said and grabbed a plate.

I sat down with my food by the table and started eating and so did Carina. I saw Sofia sitting down by the couch without any food with her.

"The food is for you too" I said to her.

She looked at me and blushed.

"Oh okay" she said and grabbed a plate.

[Carina's POV]

"So how did therapy go?" I asked her.

"Good" she said bluntly.

"Really? Did it feel good?" I asked.

"Mmhm it was great" she said and continued looking at her plate while she ate.

I looked at Maya and she shook her head.

"Thanks for the food Maya it was really great, want any help with the dishes?" Sofia asked as she stood up.

"No problem kiddo, I'll do the dishes your free to go" Maya answered with a smile.

Sofia put the dishes in the sink and walked to the guest room.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I don't think something happened I just think she's a little bit overwhelmed" Maya said.

"She didn't like it right?" I asked.

"I don't think so no, but she told me she would try again unfortunately I can't stay with her inside the room next time tho" Maya said.

"Why" I said.

"I guess it's because the therapist might think it'll get her to talk more and let her in on what's going on and how she's feeling" Maya said.

"Okay okay, why would she lie to me tho. Did she think I would get mad at her?" I asked.

"I have no idea Carina, don't take this the wrong way but you said she needed to go to therapy so maybe she felt pressured by it and it made her feel like she had to like it or feel comfortable to please you" Maya said.

"Oh god I'm so stupid she literally told us that she felt like she didn't get to have a choice when she lived with papa and now I've pressured her in to therapy" I said and sighed.

"Maybe you should've discussed it a little bit more with her yes, but I think the best thing I'd if you just talk to her now and show her that your not gonna get mad at her because I think she really needs that Carina" Maya said.

"Yeah I'll do that, thank you for the food Bella" I said.

"Your welcome, now go talk to her" she said.

I put my plate in the sink and walked to the guest room.

I knocked on the door and I heard a faint 'come in'.

"Can I sit here?" I asked as I stepped in the room.

"Sure" she said.

I sat down on the bed next to where Sofia was laying.

"Do you feel like I pressured you in to therapy?" I asked.

"I- I don't know" she said and looked away.

"You can be honest with me I won't be mad, Your allowed to have feelings" I said.

"I feel like you decided that for me and-and I didn't like that" she said quietly.

"Because that's what dad did to you" I put the pieces together.

"Yeah" she said and let out a shaky breath.

I laid down next to her and stroked her hair.

Tears welled up in her eyes.

"Let it out Bambina, I'm here for you"

"I'm not leaving" I said.

She buried her head on my chest and let out a quiet cry.

I continued stroking her hair.

"S-sorry" she said and lifted herself from my embrace.

"It's okay sof, you can lean on me you know"

"Come back here" I said and opened my arms for her.

She laid herself back on my chest, her breath eventually evened out and she fell asleep on me.

Maya walked in the room.

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize" she said.

"It's okay, you can stay she's asleep" I said.

"How did it go?" She whispered.

"She was afraid of admitting her feelings, but she told me that she did feel pressured by me and then she just broke down" I quietly said back.

"It's good that she told you" Maya said.

"I don't know Maya I'm horrible, I'm her sister but I made her feel unsafe" I said.

"No no no don't do that okay? You didn't mean it and you admitted that to her, that's what matters and she wasn't mad at you she just needed a little bit of reassurance that you wouldn't do that again" Maya said.

"Your so much better at this than me" I said.

"No I'm not, but I can see some things in her that I did in her age too when I lived with my dad so I guess I understand her feelings, you will too when she feels safe enough to tell you just don't pressured her in to it" Maya said.

"I won't" I said.