4

[Maya's POV]
I'm noticing Sofia's hesitation whenever she talks to me or asks me something, it's like she's scared of making me angry or that she thinks I don't like her.
Which is the complete opposite of what I think, I really like her and she's Carinas sister which makes her my family too. I understand that it will take time for her to trust me and talk to me without hesitation, but I will be there for her every day on the way either way.

I woke up to an empty bed because Carina had been paged to a emergency delivery. I got dressed and made coffee before walking to the guest room to wake Sofia up.

She laid there under her blankets her hair covered half of her face. I walked closer to her.

"It's time to wake up" I said.

She groaned and pulled the blanket over her face.

"I know it's early, I made toast if you want and coffee" I said.

She opened her eyes at the word coffee.
"I take it as you like coffee then" I said and laughed.
She nodded and got up.

"You can borrow my sweatshirt because it's pretty cold outside and at the station" I said and handed her my station 19 hoodie.
She put it on and a pair of sweatpants then followed me to the kitchen.

"Your not allergic to anything right?" I asked her.

"Only peanuts, but I'm guessing there's non of that in your toast" she said and let out a small laugh.
Her laugh sounded a lot like Carina's.

"No there's no peanuts in it, but there's good that I know that now tho. Do you have Epi pens?" I asked her.

"No, dad didn't buy a new one after I used the last one" she said.

"And you haven't told Carina?" I asked.

"No" she said and looked down.

"I'll let her know then so she can bring a new one" I said.

She nodded and started eating her breakfast and drinking her coffee.
After we finished our breakfast I put the dishes in the dishwasher. I grabbed my raincoat and shoes.

"Uhm Maya?" I heard.

"Yes?" I said.

"I don't have a raincoat" Sofia said.

"Oh, you can borrow mine for now. We can buy you one later" I said.

She took the rain coat and put it on as I tied my shoes.
I locked the door on our way out.
When we arrived at the station I could hear and see everyone sitting down by the table, I quickly noticed Sofia mood changing. She became more nervous and fidgety. Picking on her nails biting her inner lip.
We took of our rain coats and walked inside the room where everyone else were sitting.
Sofia sat down next to me and Andy were sitting next to her on the other side.

"Who is this?" Everyone asked.

"This is Sofia, Carinas little sister. Please make her feel welcome here and be nice" I said.

"Hi mija, I love you hair it's pretty" I heard Andy say to Sofia. I saw a small smile creeping on Sofia's face.

Later on the day there was an alarm. I had to go but I didn't want to leave Sofia here all alone.

"I'll stay with her, we'll be fine" Andy said.

"Are you sure?, make sure she eats something too" I said before running to the truck.

[Andys POV]
Maya hoped in the engine and I went back to Sofia.
She wasn't so talkative but I don't mind.

"So, have you always lived in Italy?" I asked her.

"Yes, I've visited Carina and Uhm Andrea but I haven't lived her" she said.

"How come you know so good English?" I asked her.

"Carina thought me a lot and so did Andrea" she said.

"You look like her, a lot Carina I mean" I said.

"Yeah we are very similar to each other" she said and smiled.

"Do you want to see the inside of the engine?" I asked.

She nodded excitedly which made me happy. Since it wasn't a big fire alarm they didn't take all the engines since not all of us at the station left.

I helped her up so she could sit down in the engine.
She seemed happy.

"Your nice" she said.

"Thank you, did you not think I would be?" I asked her.

"I didn't know, I don't like meeting new people it makes me anxious but I'm not anxious with you because you don't ask a lot of annoying questions.. And you don't talk about Andrea" she said mumbling the last part.

"Well I'm happy your feeling relaxed with me, you should come to the station often" I said.

"Yeah, I'll come whenever Maya says I can. I don't want to be in your way of work" she said.

"You won't be, we can go for a ride some day too when their isn't so much to do" I said.

"That would be cool" she said.

"Yeah, Maya said that you need to eat something so let's go grab some food" I said.

She sighed and hoped out of the fire truck.
We walked in to the 'kitchen' area.
I found some sandwiches and juice.

"Is this okay?" I asked.

"Sure I'm not so hungry anyway" she said.

We ate the sandwiches together and drank our juice.
Maya and the others came back.

"We can head home now, thank you Andy for staying here with her" Maya said.

"It was no problem" I said.

"Can I have your phone?" I asked Sofia.
She gave me it and I typed in my number.

"You can text me anytime you want to come to the station or something else" I said and hugged her goodbye.

[Sofias POV]
I got Andy's number, she was nice and she was calm.
I like calm it makes me feel safe.
Like Carina and Maya too.
I've never been able to start trusting someone as fast as I did now with Maya, but I think it's safe that Im doing that.
She's a little bit like me I think.

"We're here" Maya announced as she parked the car at the apartment.

"Is Carina home?" I asked as we walked up the stairs.

"She'll be home in about twenty minutes, I have a question" she said.

"Okay, go on" I said.

"Do you want to order some clothes online or would you rather you to the store?" She asked.

"I'd rather order it online if that's okay" I said.

We sat down together and looked at clothes. I got a pair of sweatpants two pair of jeans a couple of t-shirts and sweatshirts.

"Thank you so much" I said.

"Your welcome, let's start dinner" she said.