35

[Sofia's POV]
Laying wide awake at night, the room is pitch black but I could see a small light creeping thru my door coming from Enzo's room. I decided I should check it up since I couldn't sleep anyway, making my way over to his room I could hear soft crying.
As I opened the door he was faced to the wall, shoulders shaking as he cried quietly.

"Enzo?" I said quietly but still loud enough for him to hear me.

His crying stoped suddenly and he turned himself towards me, his eyes red end puffy and his cheeks with tear stains on them.

"What happened?" I asked as I sat down on his bed.

He pushed himself away from me which made me frown.

"Scared" he said.

"Did you have a nightmare?" I questioned.

"So l-loud, yelling" he said and covered his ears.

Suddenly I remembered they had already put Enzo to bed when I came home, Carina and I were yelling at each other which must've woken Enzo up. We all thought he was still sleeping, he must've been so frightened.

"It was just Carina and I who had an argument okay? Nothing to be scared of" I said gently.

"No more" he said.

"No, I promise we won't yell anymore" I said.

"Should we go wake Maya up? Perhaps you can sleep with her if your scared" I added.

"Please" he said.

I walked in to Maya and Carinas room, gently shaking Maya so she would wake up.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Enzo is crying, he's been upset since Carina and I had an argument" I said.

"Thanks for letting me know, I'll go to him" she said and walked out Enzo's room.

Carina had woken up when we were talking.

"Carina?" I asked.

"What" she said still kind of angry.

"I can't sleep knowing that I upset you okay? Can we please just go back to normal?" I asked.

"Why would you do that?" She asked me.

"Because I wanted to make some friends and everyone else was drinking" I said.

"Your fourteen, that's not how you make friends Sofia and I know your having a hard time but that's not how your supposed to make friends"

"They shouldn't care if you want to drink or not" she said.

"I know and I was really stupid for that, I'm sorry Carina I won't do it again" I said.

"Okay, but we will set up some rules tomorrow" she stated.

"Alright, can I sleep in here?" I asked.

"Come here" she said and opened her arms.

[Maya's POV]

I had just crawled in to bed with Enzo, he wasn't crying so much anymore but you could easily tell he had been for a long time.

"Come here buddy" I said and opened my arms.

"Everything is okay" I said and stroked his hair.

He didn't say anything else he just snuggled in to me and fell asleep.

Waking up a couple of hours later, I still had Enzo clinging on to me in his sleep. I couldn't help but feel happy that he already trust us so much even tho he has only been staying with us for a little more than two weeks. At the same time I also feel sorry for him that he got so scared last night and it was our fault that we made him feel like that, I get this feeling every time I look at him that I just need to protect him from all the bad people and bad stuff all around the world.

I felt Enzo waking up, he rubbed his eyes and stretched out his arms.

"Good morning buddy" I said and kissed his forehead.

"Morning Maya" he said.

"Let's get dressed and go downstairs to have breakfast" I said.

I walked to his wardrobe and pulled out a pair of light grey sweatpants along with a red fire truck T-shirt.

"Oh wait can't forget these" I said and handed him a pair of socks.

He put on his clothes, his T-shirt went on backwards at first so I quickly helped him with that.

"Carina made French toast" I said as we walked in to the kitchen.

"Good morning bambino" Carina said to Enzo.

He clung to my leg, not wanting to get close to Carina.

"Morning" he said quietly.

[Carina's POV]

I've scared him away, he's scared of because I was yelling last night. I'm so stupid, I should've just been quiet.

"Enzo? Come here for a second" I said.

He slowly walked to me but stoped so it was still space between us.

"You got a little scared last night right?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Listen to me, I will never ever hurt you in any kind of way. Sofia and I just got in to a argument and it was very stupid of us to yell when you were sleeping too"

"I'm very sorry" I said.

"It's okay" he said without looking at me.

"It wasn't okay to do that l, but you don't have to be scared because I won't hurt you" I said and smiled.

"Okay" he said.

I opened my arms for him, he wrapped his tiny arms around me and snuggled closer in to me.
I picked him up on the kitchen counter and held a fork with a piece of blueberry pancake on it.

"Taste it" I said and handed the fork to him.

He smiled as he tasted it.
"Good" he said and handed the fork to me again.

I placed him down on the chair again and put a plate of pancakes in front of him, I made French toast for Maya and I while Sofia gets pancakes too.

"I don't have to go to work tomorrow, maybe we can do something together the four of us" Maya said.

"Yeah, I can check with Jo to see if she can cover my shift" I said.

"Do you have any suggestions on what you would like to do?" I asked Enzo.

He shrugged his shoulders.

"It's okay we can figure something out later" I said.

After breakfast I sat down with Sofia on the couch to go over some rules we need to have.

"If you go over to a friends house I want you to text me at least once, and I would rather come pick you up if something happens then have someone tell me you were in an accident or worse" I said seriously.

"That I can do" she said.

"Always think before you act, just because some other kids do something bad or something your not supposed to do doesn't make it okay if you do it, you actions comes with consequences" I said.

"I know, I'm really sorry" she said.

"I accept you apology, next time their will be consequences tho just so your aware of that" I said.

"Yes I am aware"