Chapter Nine: That's my first job.

Arrow's POV

I found myself kneeling down next to unconscious Tyler. I move his hair out his eyes. "I'm so sorry Tyler. I'm here now."

"This is my fault," begins Allac.

"No...you wasn't to know. Is the girl okay?" I ask my dad.

"Very shaken up but otherwise unharmed."

I nod. "That's good. Poor kid..."

"We will make this right for him, Arrow," says Allac.

"We have to do all we can...he needs something stable, safe and quick."

"We will. Let's get him to hospital first. Better get him checked just encase."

I nod to agree as I get up and lift Tyler into my arms. Don't worry Tyler...I am here.

Tyler's POV.

When I finally came around I found myself laying in a hospital bed, it must be really late or really early in the morning darkness covering the room I'm in with a few other kids it seems and laying in the chair next to me a sleep...Arrow.

I look at him and smile. He had came...he saved me. Of course he did I don't know much at all about Arrow or his past but I know enough. Enough to know he is a young man, only eight years older then me, yet I could almost picture myself looking up to him, maybe even calling him dad...is that okay to say?

My real dad...I never knew him and Dan my step dad...well you know all about him already.

I don't think it's weird to look up to a young man that had now saved me twice from a horrible situation I've been faced with.

I put my hand onto Arrow's. He stirred in his sleep before opening his eyes from my touch.

"Tyler you are awake. How you feeling?"

I shrug, "I've been better...thank you for helping me again."

"I would do it in a heartbeat. I'm just glad nothing more serious happened. You saved that young girl...you almost remind me of me," he smiled at me.

"Arrow...I'm scared. I'm scared I'm going to be chucked around and never find a proper home. I know my mum is dying...I feel like I've hardly got anything left at all."

Arrow looked at me sympatheticily. "I know how it feels to feel like you might never be accepted somewhere. I spent my last couple years in school hiding, pretending even maybe being someone I'm not. I'm Gay, I have no attraction to women but I let it spiral out of control. I lost myself along the way too and I've spent many nights scared for my life or even like I didn't really have one. I promise you Tyler Wood, I will do all I can to make sure your given a chance, a good one at that to lead a better life."

"Why would you go above and beyond for someone like me?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Because I'm nothing to you."

"That's not true."

"What do you mean?"

"Tyler...I know what it is like to be beat up and abused. My uncle...he has never been a good uncle to me and treated me like crap. He abused me behind my parents back and...I was always too scared at the time to say anything and I thought it was for the best. I was wrong...no one should have to go through that and I never had the courage to speak up about it. Don't ever feel you can't speak up. So you say that your nothing to me...that's not true. You are a young man just like I was scared and afraid , terrified even of the abuse and fear. I would go above and beyond to help someone like that, someone like me. Tyler Wood...if nothing else I am here for you now. I'm only a phone call away."

I look at him with a smile on my face. "Thank you Arrow. That means a lot to me. I never thought I would find someone like you. Colin is a very lucky guy."

"Maybe," he grins cheekily.

"That is why I married him. I wasn't going to let him go. I got you a coffee," says Colin as he came into the room and gave Arrow the drink.

"Thank you. What you doing here?" Arrow asks.

"Allac told me..."

"Yeah I'm sure he did. It be okay...Allac and I will get it sorted."

"I don't doubt that for a minute. Arrow...I need to have a word about something else."

"What is it?"

"I don't know if we should speak about it in front of Tyler," says Colin.

"Sorry...erm I would leave but this is my bed for now," I laugh.

"Is it that bad we can't speak freely?" Arrow asks him.

"It's about....your uncle."

I watch as Arrow's face drops at the mention of the name.

"What about him?" He asks.

"He escaped prison about two weeks ago it seems and it was all being hushed but your dad found out a couple hours ago. He is weary about taking extra precautions especially after our old headmaster and all. Yet he didn't seem to want to tell me the whole story...plus Arrow you heard anything from Paul?" Colin asked him.

"I haven't spoke to Paul in a couple weeks. He is wrapped up in university work. He is in his second year now and it's really important to him. I guess I didn't want to bother him."

"Who is Paul?" I ask Arrow feeling to curious not to ask.

Arrow smiled at me. "Paul is one of my best friends. Allac is my best friend too. They have been there for me for a long while. I also have one other friend my girl best friend but I haven't spoken to her in couple weeks too. I didn't even tell them about me being in hospital..." he trailed off almost lost in thought.

"We all get side tracked. You have had a lot to deal with but I'm concerned. With Jim out of prison up to God knows what and...I swear I spotted John on my way to work this morning."

"That is a bit strange. I not spoken to him in two years or seen him. Wonder why he is in town," sighs Arrow.

"Who is John?" I ask.

"Well just another thing complicated about my life kid. John is my biological father."

"Really...I see. Complicated?"

"Just a bit," says Colin as he takes Arrow's hand.

"If dad wants to take extra precautions tell him go for it I know he only wants us to be safe. John is also Paul's dad, so Paul and I are half brothers. We didn't know till about four years ago. I'm sure everything will be fine. Firstly I want to find you a new home Tyler. That's my first job."