Chapter Twenty Nine: Lucky I'm not everyone then

No POV

The sky turned a sickly dark black, rain slowly beginning to fall through the camp site. You could hear the screams of children already filling the air before it got took over by a loud deafening bang of thunder.

The lightening came next and the horrible scream as the lightening hit one of the tents. It only got worse from there and it had nothing to do with the weather. Tonight would be a night that will haunt many...and yet again Arrow would find himself in a situation that many would never have to go through. But this time Colin and Tyler are right in the middle of it. A night no one would ever forget.

Colin's POV

I look over at Arrow sitting on the bench while I and Tyler are kicking a ball around.

"You think he is okay?" Tyler asks me as he picks up the ball.

"He will get there. I'm sure. Maybe we should head back to the tent now anyway."

We walk back towards Arrow who notices us coming. "You done already?"

"Yeah thought we head back to the tent," I begin but I'm cut off by a distant bang that sounds like thunder.

"Skies are clear," said Tyler.

"Best we still get back to the tent just encase," I say and Arrow nods to agree.

We head back towards the field where all the tents are as the sky started to turn dark and grey.

I felt a rain droplet land on my arm and look at Arrow.

Arrow suddenly looked a bit worried. Like he felt something I couldn't as the rain got worse.

We could hear kids screaming in the distance as a loud bang of thunder came from above us.

Arrow grabbed Tyler's hand and pulled me under a tree as we saw flashes of lightening from above us. More thunder and more lightening.

"The tents are not safe with that lightening," Arrow begins as he is drown out by more thunder.

"I'm scared," I managed to hear Tyler say in all the chaos.

We hear a deafening scream and I look across at Arrow with a strange expression on his face.

"Is all the screaming just because of the weather?" He asks but more to the air then to Tyler or I directly.

"I have no idea. What else would it be," I say as I'm cut off by thunder again followed by more lightening as we hear a horrible scream this time. People are in trouble, that is for sure. Regardless for what the reason it is.

"Should we go to the car?" I ask Arrow.

"Arrow...someone is watching us," I hear Tyler whisper as another bang of thunder so loud my eardrums feel numb.

"Move quick that way," Arrow says to Tyler and I. We head forward Arrow behind us as I spot the figure staring at us.

"Why is he watching us?" Tyler asks confused.

"Not just watching..he is following. Something is very wrong here," says Arrow as another bang of thunder and lightening following it hitting a tree close by which I stopped in shock as the tree leafs seemed to insinrate on impact.

"I don't like it," Tyler said holding Arrow's hand tight.

We hear distant screams and the figure behind us coming towards us.

Arrow picks Tyler up in his arms. "Get in front. We running for the car now!"

I didn't need to be told twice. I sprint forward Arrow right behind me with Tyler. He is doing a good job considering he is carrying him.

I feel the worry, the concern inside me and I feel scared. What the hell is going on?

If I feel like that Tyler must be really scared. Arrow? I can't help but feel this is my fault. I thought this be good for us...but now look what is happening. What the hell is happening?

I head through the trees knowing the car park is near by. I turn left from the trees but stop when I find a group of a least six people wearing masks holding arrow and bows.

Arrow crashes into me as I had stopped abruptly. "Colin?"

"Arrow...what the hell are they doing?" I ask him.

Arrow's eyes gaze over the group before looking back at me. "Looks like they are ready to hunt," he whispers.

"Hunt who?" Tyler asks before I can.

"Everyone on this site," we hear someone say from behind us.

Arrow turns and looks at the figure who had been following us.

"That is sick," Arrow says.

"If you want to survive I suggest you run the other way and hope you can survive," he tells us. He is definitely a man, maybe in his sixties.

"You one of them?" Arrow asks him.

He shook his head. "No...but I've crossed paths with them before. This is not the first time they have done this...I will stop them one day. I will revenge my sons death. If you boys want to survive. Run or if you want to stop this ever happening again. Come with me."

"So this is what, a game to them?" Arrow asks looking rather frustrated at this point.

"Exactly that and they get away with it everytime. Someone has to stop them."

"How? If they never been stopped," I begin.

"Most never survive. I got lucky and the police never done shit about it."

"My dad's a cop. If he knew," Arrow says.

"You got a phone?" The man asks.

"Yeah, but signal is bad around here," says Tyler before I could.

"I know good signal spot. We need to get as far as we can from them for now. Outnumbered and defenceless."

"Arrow...I'm so sorry," I begin.

"It's not your fault Colin. You just wanted us to have a good holiday after all that has happened and what we have had to go through."

"More you then us," I whisper.

"I'll be fine. Now come on. He is right. We got to go for now."

Thunder roared from above us as the man in front of us led the way.

"What is your name?" Arrow asks him.

"My name is Jordon. You lads?"

"I'm Arrow. Colin and our son Tyler."

"Adopted?" He asked cauroiusly.

"Yeah."

"Should be more people out there like you," he said as he sped up and we followed.

"Not everyone would agree with us being gay and adopting," I say to him.

"Lucky I'm not everyone then."