Chapter Sixteen: With my last breath.

Colin's POV

I stood in front of Jim, Hayley and Arrow. I can't quite believe or stand the sight of my husband hurt in this way. I feel the anger inside me. I could kill them at this point....

"Get out the way or I will kill you with out a second thought!" Hayley shouted rather aggressively at me.

I look at her with the gun firmly in my hand. I've never even really used a gun before so I feel my hand slightly shaking but I have no choice. If this is the only way to save Arrow from anymore pain or torment I'll take my chances with prison.

Arrow...please forgive me.

Jim is on me attacking me to the floor my head hitting the ground. My eye sight already beginning to fail me.

I hear Hayley scream and watch just about as Jim is chucked off me.

Arrow stood in front of me taking the gun that had flied out my hand and faces them both.

"You can hurt me, beat me or badly injure me but you try hurt someone I love...that's your mistake. You leave my husband alone. You got that!" Arrow says through pants. He looks dreadful...clearly only continuing to protect me on some sort adralin.

"Arrow," I whisper tears in my eyes, my eyes pouring into his. To try convey how sorry I really am, how useless I've been to try save him.

"I give you credit when it's due nephew most people would of passed out at this point. However your weak and your husband is no fighter. If it makes you happy I can bring you both with us. So at least you be together."

"No fucking way. You are not taking Arrow anywhere. Don't you think you have put him through enough?" Colin says struggling to his feet.

"You see Colin you have always pissed me off. Since you wish to stand in my way I'll let you know something. Arrow has always been scared of me. Yes I'm not a nice man and even he can't change that. Yes I beat him up on  countless occasions because I could. He irritated me, we have never really got on maybe just put up with each other and yet I still care for him even if you would find that hard to believe. My past is a messy one...more then you would ever know. And shamefully Arrow is a big part of that. I will be leaving with my nephew whether you like it or not. Up to you if you come with us or not."

"What the hell are you on about. Arrow has nothing to do with your shitty past apart from you fucking up his. You are a sick man..."

"Arrow doesn't even know...quite yet."

Arrow looked at his uncle in pure rage and anger. Anyone would be blind to not see that.

"What do you mean by that?" Arrow asks looking as confused as I am but the anger still very much there.

He laughs heavily. "I've done a lot of things Arrow. I like science and violence and teaching and many other things. I've very open to a lot of things you see, nephew. You irrited me but I was still open to try keep you in my life. I used you a lot and beat you behind your parents back. They were just so fucking dumb. You remember some of it I'm sure but I doubt all of it. Forgot it cause it was better to forget then remember. Don't blame you to be honest. You see Arrow I didn't know how things would go but I don't regret a thing. Now you going to give me the gun or are you going to make me stop you and hurt you even more. You don't scare me and you never will even with a gun in your hand. Your still just my weak little timid nephew."

"I don't want you to be scared of me...that's not me but I can't let you have the gun. I can't keep doing this whatever you think it is," said Arrow the gun still firmly in his hand.

Explosion went off from the right the wall exploding. We all dive to the floor or out the way. I notice Arrow still has the gun in his hand.

"We got to try get away," he says to me.

Arrow led the way to the door, me close at his heels. We make it outside more police cars arriving by this point. Arrow looked a bit concerned, probably because he is holding a gun in his hand but I'm sure he don't feel like we are out the woods yet, I feel the same way.

"Put the gun down!" shouts one of the police officers.

Something hits Arrow from behind pinning him to the floor. I watch in horror as Jim snatches the gun from Arrow quite ruthlessly, I hear Arrow panting and I could hear a soft sob even from here from him.

"Now officers I want to make this quite clear. I will not hesitate to kill him. You will let me and Hayley go and no one will die here." I watch as Jim pulls Arrow to his feet the gun directly to his head, Jim having a hard grasp on him.

I feel the tears welling up in my eyes...almost feeling sick and slightly scared.

What brought us to here?

What had we done to go through so much, face so much without any hope of a helping hand back home safe.

I guess...this isn't a fairytale and shamefully this is our life.

What could be next?

Arrow...just leave him alone!!!

I hear a gun go off. My eyes look over at Arrow and Jim in complete panic.

What just happened?

Jim steps back his eyes wide. I notice Paul standing behind them.

"You are outnumbered. And you have really pissed off a lot of people. My next shot will be to kill."

"Give me my son," says Arrow's dad him standing beside Paul.

My whole body is shaking and I can't find the strength to try help. I'm such a coward.

What happened next became quite a blur all I know is I felt pain I had never felt before.

Gun fire.

Shouting.

Cries of sorrow.

Arrow's voice....

All I know is I will do anything I can to save Arrow. I have too, ignore the pain.

I found myself cruelling on the ground, not sure how I even got on the floor. I put my hand out and found Arrow's and squeezed it.

I will try save you. Be by your side with my last breath...