Chapter Twenty Eight: No matter what it takes

Arrow's POV

I climb out Colin's car looking at the forest in front of us. So after a long conversation with Tyler and Colin we decided on the holiday.

Colin suggested camping as Tyler has never done it before. So here we are. The first day of our ten day holiday Colin arranged and paid for.

"You okay?" Tyler asks me as he gets out beside me.

I smile at him. "Of course. I'm glad we can do this. Hope its the first of many holidays we can have. Help Colin get the stuff out the boot. I'm going to go check in."

It took about twenty minutes to let them know we arrived and get all the information we needed.

Its quiet here. So quiet compared to the area we are use to. It's nice. Peace and quiet just what I could do with.

I arrive back to car to find Tyler and Colin already gone and all the stuff with them. Must of gone to set up the tents.

I head towards the huge area where many tents are set up already. I search for a good ten minutes before I find them half way with setting up the tents already.

"Looking good lads," I smile as I stop just in front of the tent they are setting up.

"You sure you are okay in your own tent Tyler?" I ask him.

"Of course we are right next to each other if I need any thing in the night. Not going to inturpt yours two space am I. So Colin said we can have a disposal barbeque tonight. That sounds like fun."

"And don't forget toasted marshmallows and hot chocolate and scary stories," I smile.

"Not too scary," Colin adds.

"Scary the better," Tyler laughs

I look between them and smile. I'm so happy I am back by Colin and Tyler's side. I had missed them greatly. I don't know what I would do if I lost either one of them. I will do all I can to be strong to protect my family and get our lives back on a good path.

I will do whatever it takes. Forget the past, the horrible dreams that come to me each night and focus on our future as a family. A family I never thought I would have.

I look forward to watch Tyler grow into an incredible man beside the man I love.

Jerrod's POV

I sat on the sofa with Connor next to me.

Max sits opposite us with Allac. Max is only ten years old and has already been left with a scar down his left face, almost identical to Arrow's. He looks sad...its heart breaking.

"I'm Jerrod and this Connor. If you only want to we thought we can get to know each other and see if you like to live with us for a little while. See if we get on and would maybe consider making permanent in the future if its right for you," I tell him.

He looked at me, sorrow in his eyes but a slight smile cripping in. "You would do that? Take in someone like me," he whispered.

"If it is right for you. And you feel you want to then of course. We heard what happened from Allac and we are so sorry nothing was done sooner but we are here to support you which ever way you need us. If that is what you want."

He nods his head, "I'm willing to give it a try. I'm grateful for you to even want to."

"Well then it's settle. We taking you out for the day. Your in for a real treat kid. Hope you like rides."

Tyler's POV

It's been three days since we arrived on our holiday and we have had some awesome days and nights but tonight is different.