Something New

Nina's POV.

A/N: Music on top make sure to play it once the time comes up. Don't forget to vote🤍✨
——
I am not an active person on social media, I just check it out from time to time in a while. I come across my Instagram seeing that I got two more new followers.

𝐼 don't even post, why do they follow me?

To my surprise, one of them ends up being Chase. Chase added me on Instagram, for what?

"I knew you'll be here," a voice says behind me.

I don't need to turn around to see who it is because it's him. He's the only person besides the teachers who is interested in talking to me.

"Not this again," I mumble, he ignored my comment and sat down beside me, leaning back onto the tree.

"So, what are you having for lunch?"

I don't respond.

"You don't like the food here?"

No answer-back.

"Do you want to go somewhere to get lunch Pizza, sushi, or a burger?"

I stare at him him, poor Chase, he seems desperate to get a word out of me, but why? I continue to stare at him for a few seconds before I speak.

"Why?"

"The food here isn't that good-" He starts but I cut him off.

"I mean why are you asking me? Why not some other people? Like your friends." I narrow my eyes.

He stays quiet for a minute before he speaks again. "Because they're not you."

I stay still for a minute. "Okay,"

He stands up. "Come on, princess." He holds out his hand, helping me up.

We're currently in his car, eating pizza we got from this take-out place. 'Come as you are' playing on the radio.

"Tell me something," Chase speaks, turning down the volume of the radio. I look at him confused. "Something nobody knows about you."

"I don't see why you would need to know that." I huffed.

If nobody knows it's because nobody is supposed.

"Oh, come on! I'll tell you something too." He smirks.

I tried to think of something, maybe something that's not too personal. That would throw him off track and leave me alone.

"I hate social media." I sighed.

Lame and all, but I know it's worth a shot.

"Then why do you have them?" He raises an eyebrow.

"I don't know, I guess it's a way to see how false everyone's life is," I say taking a sip of my drink.

"Explain," he seems confused.

"Social media is fake. Full of people who lie about who and what they are. Bullying other people. It's just such a toxic site." I say. "Your turn."