The ball

Chase's POV.

Today is Saturday and the ball it's six-thirty right now and the ball doesn't start until seven-thirty and I'm just picking up my suit.

I choose an all-black tuxedo and on the way, I grabbed Nina a little surprise.

I am going to be honest, I don't think that what I'm going to do is the nicest thing ever, but it needs to happen. If it doesn't I will never know.

This is the last chance I have.

I'll just have to wait till the party gets started.

Nina's POV.

It is seven already and I just finished my makeup and hair. I really didn't want much, I just asked for light natural makeup and a low ponytail, they made it look good, though.

I actually feel comfortable in this.

"All set! You can take a look now," The man doing my makeup said as he finished adding light shimmer to my eyelids.

I take the mirror and look at myself. This is not me, but then staring at myself in the mirror I can tell I'm the same.

"Thanks," I say and stand up, adjusting my bathrobe.

I hear my phone ringing from the table and I quickly grab it, walking upstairs to my bedroom. Whoever it is it's got to be quick, I don't have much time.

I don't even know where the ball is held at.

I answer the phone and it's Cara speaking on the other line.

"I might've convinced Andrew to come!" She squeals.

Yesterday she mentioned that she asked Andrew- the guy who works at the cafe with her- to be her date to the ball. He said he'll think about it. I'm guessing he already did. Good for her though.

"That's good, by the way, are you getting ready?"

"Well, of course, god I'm so excited! I can confirm I am having sex tonight." She says making me laugh

"Yeah, then make sure to use a condom. You don't want any surprises." I say as I feed Bullet but I hear her chuckle from the other line.

"Don't worry, they are in my bag already." I roll my eyes. "By the way, I got a question."

"Shoot."

"Do you actually want to have this dance with Dom?"

Why is she asking this?

"He's my boyfriend , why not?" I ask.

"Don't act dumb with me. Last night that we were talking about it you didn't sound too excited about the topic."

"What?" I force out a chuckle. "Do I have to grin every time I talk about him now?"

"You know what I'm talking about. On Wednesday, when he came over to watch movies with us and he was kissing you, you seemed...off, distant. You weren't matching his vibe, do you get what I mean?" My smile faded.

"So I'll ask once again, do you love him?"

As a friend I do.

"I don't know," I say truthfully.

I don't romantically love Dom, and I hope I can just tell him that. I just don't want him to get away when I just got him back.