First time

Last night, when Chase left, I threw away the garbage bags and cleaned up all the trash that was in the room. I finished around one in the morning since there was a stain of red wine left on the white carpet.

I couldn't let it sit there or else my mother would notice, so I stayed up until that stain was gone.

Today is Monday, just Monday where I have to go to school.

Sometimes I really wish I could just let all of my emotions out but again; why waste my time on something nobody understands?

My mother tried taking me to therapy one year after my father's death thinking that it would help me talk with someone who could understand what I was going through.

Back when people would approach me in my old town to tell me how sorry they were about my father's death, I would always wear a false smile, letting them know that they didn't have to be. They pity me, but they never asked me how I was feeling.

No one ever bothered to ask what I was feeling or how I was dealing with it.

I haven't.

Heading downstairs I see Jacob in the kitchen, he looks like shit. He's wearing some flannel grey pants with a grey t-shirt, his hair all over the place.

I passed by him and as he faces me, I noticed there are dark circles under his blue eyes.

His eyes widen and he released a deep breath, drinking the glass of water from his hands. I reach out to the cabinet and pull out the keys to the laundry room, I forgot my red flannel there.

"Nina, I-did you clean up the sitting room?" Jacob asked.

I really don't want to argue right now but I also have a few things to say.

"You know what, Jacob? Next time you bring someone here think twice about it, you know how you get when your drunk." I say turning around.

"I know-" he starts before I cut him off.

"No, you don't. Apparently I have to remind you every damn time you get drunk. I mean, hell, imagine what they could have done while you were passed out!"

I'm not even going to mention the fact that his friend tried to pull a move on me.

"They're my friends, Nina, they wouldn't do anything." He scowled.

His comment made the incident from last night come back. I scoffed at his reply, leaning on the counter.

"If that's what you want to believe, go ahead." I say, my voice low but firm.

He sighs, glancing at me before his gaze went down to my neck. He frowned and looked up at me confused. "Who did that to you?" He asked.

Yeah, and now he wants to believe me, huh? I roll my eyes and mumble something under my breath.

"I asked you something, Nina, who the hell did that to you?" He asked again.

"I'm late for school, see you later." I walked out of the kitchen but I could feel Jacob following behind me and mumbling my name.

"It was him, wasn't it?" He says making me turn to him confused about who he's talking about. "You're new little friend, Chase, was it?"

Anger slowly consumed my body, how dare he assume that Chase tried to hurt me when he was nothing but passed out? Not at all alarmed about what was going on. It was Jacob's fault even if I tried to deny it

"You know what? You should be thanking him. Not only did he help me kick all of your alcoholic friends out, but he also interfered when Emerson was on top, choking the life out of me. " I spit out.