Anger Issues

Do you ever feel like you are dead?

Those times when you want to say something but you just can't? That's what I've been feeling these past three years.

I want to scream, I want to cry, and I want to do something reckless. I want to just scream at the top of my lungs and let all of my feelings, and anger out.

But then again, I'm mentally not there.

I feel dead and empty.

Sure, I have my mom and Jacob, but it's not the same. They don't understand me the way I want someone to understand me.

It might sound selfish, but it's true. My mom lost her husband, the man with who she thought she was going to spend the rest of her life with.

But I lost my best friend, the only person I'd ever known that was going to care of me the way no other was going to do.

If I could just go back in time and have a better moment with my father, I would. But I can't, and that's life.

I pull the covers off of me and stand up, stretching my body while walking to my bathroom. I look in the mirror and see that I'm a mess. I didn't get much sleep yesterday, but I have all day to take a nap.

I finish off brushing my teeth and putting my hair in a messy bun. It's already noon and Jacob is still sleeping, he'll probably wake up with the worst headache.

I've never seen him get that drunk before, meaning that whatever issue he and his mother had, must of it been serious.

I walk downstairs and fill a cup with water, also tool a pill from the kitchen drawer. Walking upstairs towards Jacob's room, I open the door and set the water glass on his desk.

I open the curtains, letting the sun enter his room, he groans mumbling a few words. I take the pill and the cup in my hands.

"Good morning, Mr.hungover, wake up!" I loudly say.

He sits up and rubs his blue eyes, letting out a long breath and taking the pill from my hands to his mouth. He chugged the glass of water within seconds. His long, blonde hair is messy, making him look like a homeless.

"So, what happened last night?" I asked him.

"Looks like my mother is getting married to some douche she met a few weeks ago." He says, making my eyes widen slightly.

"Long story short, she called yesterday and invited me to the wedding, not caring if I approved or anything she just...called to let me know. I mean, I didn't even know she was seeing this guy for god's sake! And her calling after weeks letting me know about this supposed wedding...it just got me pissed."

I sighed, not knowing what to say. Nothing justifies her actions but she has a right to continue with her life after being divorced.

"After that, Emerson invited me to his party," Jacob sighed. "I took a few drinks and you know the rest, it was a long long night," he smirked.

"Ugh, Jacob! I didn't need that last comment," I say rolling my eyes and hitting him with a pillow.

"Well, I'm not saying don't go out or don't have 'fun'," I say with air quotes. "But you were too drunk last night, and it's not good driving in that condition. What if an accident had happened?"

"I know, Nina. I'm sorry, but I didn't know what else to do. Emerson was staying over and I didn't want to. I had no one else to drive me, so I risked it."

"Okay, just promise me that you won't drive in that condition again. It's dangerous."

"I promise," he says making me feel somewhat relieved. "Where did our parents go?"

"I don't know," I shrug. "My mom only said that they'll be out of town for a couple of days. They didn't mention where, though."

"Yeah, well, I suppose that if they're out, let's go out of town too," he smirked.

"No way! Unlike you, I have better things to do." I raise my eyebrow in a cocky manner.

"Says the girl who stays in her room reading dead people's journals," he grumbled.

"Well, at least I'm not taking my rage out on others or intoxicating myself to forget." I wink at him, causing him to roll his eyes.

"Anyway, hop in the shower! I'm making breakfast." I say getting up from his bed.

"Where's Linda?" Jacob seemed confused.

Linda is the maid. She comes every day to do the house cleaning and cooking. I don't know if she's coming today.

"Seems like she's off today. I'll be doing the cooking today." I say smiling.

Jacob playfully groans and drops his head back. "In that case, it looks like I'll be eating takeout for the next few days."

"Whatever," I roll my eyes.

"Let's go out for breakfast?" Jacob suggested

I give up and agree, I don't feel like making breakfast either way. "Okay, fine. But get ready, I'm not going out with you looking like death."

He places his hand on his heart and gives me a sad expression. "Ouch, that was hurtful."

I laugh at his childish behavior and close his door, walking towards my bedroom.

I change into some white jeans, a black tank top, and red doc martens.

I step out of my bedroom hearing the doorbell ring. I try to see who is it as I'm walking down the stairs through the window, but I see nothing.

I open the door and see him. Chase standing there with a smirk.

I didn't notice that a frown was now on my face.

What is he doing here anyway?

I was about to speak when a voice interrupted me.

Shit.

"What the fuck is he doing here?!" Jacob's voice echoed through the big mansion.

I turn to look at him and then back at Chase who is still standing outside.

Oh, Lord. Take care of me now.