Nothing now

Nina's POV.

We are driving to the restaurant Chase suggested after the carnival, it's late but not super late.

The carnival...Where we shared a passionate kiss and earned a fish.

I have no idea what is going to be like from now on now. Yes, I'm still going to tell Chase about Dom because he has a right to know now that he's kissed me. And no, I am not planning on telling Dom about the kiss because I don't want to lose him again, even though I don't want this relationship anymore, I don't want him away.

He has a special place in my heart and he's doing a lot just by staying in town, proving to me that he's changed. I want to at least have something from my past life that isn't so shitty.

"We are here," Chase says with my door open.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even realize when we arrived.

The restaurant doesn't look so bad itself, in any case, it looks expensive. Well, I suppose having the mayor as a stepfather has its perks, I can afford this place. Chase opens the door and I walks in seeing a few waitresses walking around with plates and drinks.

"Hi! Welcome to the royal house, how many people?" The blonde girl asked.

"A table for two," Chase said, the waitress guided us towards a far booth.

"Could I get you guys started with some drinks?" I look over at Chase as he looks through the menu.

"I'll have an ice tea," he says before looking at me waiting for me to order.

"I'll do a strawberry lemonade."

She writes that down on her little notes. "Okay, I'll bring that right up!" She leaves us in awkward silence. I hope he doesn't regret the kiss.

"Nina about the-"

"Chase, I don't think we should talk about that." I say not wanting to touch the subject. I can't help feel guilty, but do I regret it? No, I don't.

"Why not? I mean, it was perfect... do you regret it?"

"No, I don't , but can we discuss this later? As in at home?" That calmed him down a bit because he nods and looks away.

The last thing I want is to be a bitch right now, but I just can't freely talk about this when the whole point of coming here was to tell him that I was back with Dom. But what did I do instead? I kissed him. I kissed Chase Griffin. A boy who probably had a lot of girlfriends and is probably trying to use me.

Now you see where my trust issues are coming from? Not only do I think that but his friend Drew also, proved me that.

He said that he never met one of the many girlfriend's Chase had in the past, meaning he has had them before, but who am I to judge him?  I got back with my ex who left and didn't say goodbye. During times like this I wish I could read minds I want-need to know what he's thinking.

Seeing as none of us is going to cut the tension I decided to do so.

"You know, you've never really talked about your older brother Spencer."

He quickly faces me and frowns.

"What's there to know about? He's... Spencer."

The waitress comes back with our drinks and ask for our order. I ordered the steak with mashed potatoes and broccoli while Chase ordered chicken alfredo. The waitress wrote that down and left us again.

"You've talked about your father, and I've told you personal things too, but never once have I heard you talk about your brother. What's going on there?" I ask, drinking from my lemonade, he shrugs.