The dress

It's been three days since I last went to school and that was on my birthday. I haven't done much- let me rephrase that- I have done nothing at all.

Other than feeding Bullet and calling Cara at midnight, nothing.

Tomorrow is the ball and I'm actually really, really nervous. I haven't seen the dress my mother got me and that's what I'm most afraid of, that she got me a pink gown. Just the thought of it makes me cringe, I hate that color.

I also hate the fact that I haven't seen Chase these past three days. I miss him, I really do. But I keep telling myself that I'm with Dom and that my future is with him, my inner self is screaming at me- yelling that I should try to explain to Chase what happened, but then I think for what? He already made up his mind and moved on, I did too so there is no point.

If he's expecting an apology from me he isn't going to get one, I'm too prideful to do that- heck I don't think he'll do so either.

I thought that staying away from everything in school and acting like a bitch would make people stay as far as they can from me, and that was working very well until Chase Griffin came along.

He is a hot, tall, arrogant guy, who is also too prideful to even acknowledge his mistakes, ha! I bet right now he's trying to find a way to forget about me.

I might not fully know him, but I sure as hell trust him. Yes, I know it's stupid. How do you trust someone without knowing them? You see I've got... trust issues and with that being said I never felt pressured into telling him anything. I don't know maybe that's just me.

"I doubt that, but hey, what do you think? Shout I wear it?" Cara asked from across my bedroom, she's trying some headbands that can go with her dress.

She came over a few times this week, scratch that, she has been coming over every day these past three days in the afternoon. The first time she came over my mother was jumping with excitement, wouldn't blame her though, this is the first time I've brought a friend home and that's what Cara is, a friend.

She reminds me of how Cassie would've turn out if she hadn't passed away. I don't compare them but the first time Cara and I talked, I noticed some differences in between them.

Cassie was shy but really fashionable and was also really quiet when it came to boys, completely opposite of Cara. Cara has a free spirit, she doesn't care who's watching, she does whatever she wants at the moment. She doesn't care how good or bad she looks, in her eyes she's beautiful.

And let's not talk about boys, yesterday that we went to the mall she was flirting with a few guys, she even got a man's number. He looked a bit old but he sure as hell was handsome. She is she.

"If I say yes, would you shut up about it?" I asked laying in my stomach, watching her through the mirror.

"And I'll take that as a yes," She throws the blue band on the vanity and jumps onto the bed.

"Do you think you're going to have sex tomorrow night with Dom?" She asks out of the blue.

I turn to see her smirking and I laugh. I told her about Dom and our age gap, I think I can trust her.

"I don't think so," I say standing up to feed Bullet who is now set on my work desk, I told my mother Cara gifted him to me and she believed that.

"Why not? He's so hot? Please do not tell me you guys haven't fucked before!" I cringed at the word 'fucked' not because it's uncomfortable to think about with Dom, but because I am still a virgin.

Cara seems to notice my confusion because her eyes widen and so does her mouth, staring at me in disbelief.

"Don't tell me you're still a-" she gasps like it is the most unbelievable thing ever.

I thought about my virginity back when I was fourteen. I thought that if Dom was still there I would have given myself to him and that maybe that would've been the solution to keep him from leaving, but he broke my trust, and when I turned sixteen I really didn't care anymore. But now he's back and things aren't like they were before, I'm planning to break up with him soon, it's another reason for me to save it. I'll probably die a virgin.

"You are! How?!" She almost yells and I shrug with a smug smirk playing on my lips. "I mean look at you! You're stunning, great slim body... I don't understand, how can you still be a virgin?"

I laugh and open the cap of the small bottle shaking some into Bullet's tanks.

"What can I say?" I shrug once again. "Guys can eye-rape me all they want, but that's all they can do, because none of them are getting under my pants."

She laughs and starts talking out some records going through them before placing one of them in the record player, soon 'Empty' by Garbage. Starts playing.

"So, that means you've never done anything else than kissing?" She asks and I nod. "I take it you've never been fingered before."

I close Bullet's food and shot her a glare causing her to chuckle.

I haven't had sex before, but I'm a girl and sometimes I'm needy, I keep a vibrator to help me with that problem. I'm too far away from everyone that the only thing they see in me is a quiet, emotionless bitch, I doubt they have any idea of what I do.

"No, I have never been fingered by a guy, and either way, I've heard it hurts." I say sitting at my desk.

"It hurts at first, but trust me, after that you'll get amazing pleasure." I throw her a notebook playfully rolling my eyes. She laughs and tosses it to the floor. "In all seriousness, don't you ever just want to do it?"

I rolled my eyes "It's not like I need to,"

"You won't be saying that when no guys ask you out," She says as if trying to convince me to have sex with Dom tomorrow.

"You know, I can simply ask any guy to fuck me and they'll gladly do it."

"That's true," We laugh and the music continues until a knock interrupted us.

I open the door and see mum grinning.

"Nina, your dress got here! Do you want to check it out?" That godamn dress. I mentally roll my eyes.

"She sure as hell does, Lucy." Cara said putting her arm around my shoulder while putting her other hand on her hips.

My mother's face lights up. "Come on then!" She starts walking across the hallway. Before Cara and I start following her I give her a death glare and she chuckles.

"It's in the library?" I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion.

"The library is big enough and it's placed in a mannequin, so you can see it better." She quickly adds and I nod.

"You ready?"

I'm tired of too many riddles I just want to see the damn dress for god sake! I hum in reply and she opens the door.

I walked in and what I saw in front of me was unbelievable. I heard Cara gasp behind me, probably shocked by how beautiful this dress is. If I thought my mom was going to go all extra I didn't miss it, but this color is another thing. It's truly beautiful I can't even describe in words from how stunned I am.

"Do you like it?" Mom asks me grinning.

This is the most beautiful dress I've ever seen, and I'm going to be wearing it tomorrow. Too bad it's only for one night though. After a few seconds of shock, I nodded and cracked a small smile.

I love it.

********
A/N: what do you think the dress will be like? I guess you'll have to continue reading😎 let me know how you guys like this chapter.

Don't forget to vote, share, comment and follow 🤍✨