Old Memories

"Uh, Chase, you should go inside if you don't want to be late." I motioned towards the school.

"So should you." He answers back.

God, this boy will be the death of me one day.

"I guess I'll be seeing you around," Dom smiles at me which I kindly return.

"Let's go," Chase says almost sternly as he grabs my arm, leading me inside. I look back at Dom who's smiling at me. We walk inside and I go straight to my locker.

Just when I shut my locker I let out a gasp. Chase was standing right next to me.

"You scared me," I sighed and hugged my books.

"So, he's your ex," Chase spoke.

I huffed. "What do you want me to say? That he is my long-lost brother?"

"Doesn't he look a bit older than you?" He mentions.

Yeah, Chase, he's nineteen while I'm still sixteen.

"Mature, is that what you mean?" I say walking to my class.

"Come on, don't tell me that you're still in love with him." Chase brings back old memories.

Now that I remember, I never told Dom the L word during our relationship. He did, but I didn't.

Sure, I enjoyed being with him, but I wouldn't call it being 'in love'. Perhaps because I was too young to understand what love was.

"If I am or not, it shouldn't concern you." I lastly say before entering my classroom.

Chase's POV.

I can't stop thinking about Nina and her ex. The way they looked at each other was deep, like there was so much emotion going on.

Is she still in love with him?

She didn't say it but she didn't deny it either.

Could she possibly still?

I'm walking toward Nina's spot to ask if she wants to go eat somewhere else, but I don't see her anywhere near.

Maybe she's in the restroom

That's okay, I can wait for her, we still have twenty minutes before the bell rings and we have to go back to class. I sit on the ground, leaning back onto the same tree Nina does.

I take out my phone and start scrolling through my feed to cut time while Nina comes. Seeing everybody's post makes them look like they're living their life, whilst I know most of them to do drugs.

It's been eight minutes now and she still isn't here, there are only twelve minutes left of lunch there is no way we could go for takeout now.

"Where the hell are you, Nina." I mumble.

I switched the app to calls, I press on Nina's contact and put the phone on my ear. It starts ringing for moments before it goes to voicemail I call again only to be sent to voicemail once again.

I sigh and decided to leave her a message.

Break is almost over, where are you?

I decided to wait a few more minutes in case she shows up, but she doesn't. Instead, the bell goes off: lunchtime is over. Great, I didn't get to eat anything and I got ghosted by Nina.

Where the hell is she?

Nina's POV.
Minutes earlier:

As soon as the bell ringed I ran out of the classroom and went over to the back of the school field. There's a small forest just ahead that leads to the outside of the school.