Runaway

I went into the bathroom to wash my face. I didn't cry but I also tend to get my eyes red whenever tears welled. So here I am, locked in the bathroom leaning against the wall when I should be in class.

My first time ever skipping class, and to be honest, it feels good.

Not having to sit there pretending like I'm listening to whatever the teacher is saying feels way better. At least right now I can think about my emotions straight.

I rest my elbows on my knees while holding my head, letting out a sigh.

I hate having to do this, it makes me feel weak for some reason. Shit who am I kidding? I am weak I just tend to pretend like everything in my world is normal.

It's crazy, four months ago I used to ask-beg- God to never let me wake up again, that I could finally be let out of my misery because it was too much for me. I couldn't bear with it anymore. I wanted to be dead. But that suddenly changed, and I don't know how, all I know is that I want to live.

I grab my phone and see the name on the screen.

Chase texted me.What does he want?

'Where are you? Class is almost over'

I'm glad he doesn't ask if I'm okay or any of that fake pity shit everyone tends to say when they're in that situation. I chose not to answer.

My phone buzzes again and my screen lights up.

'Where are you?'

I won't answer.

'Nina. Where the fuck are you?!'

We don't even have the same periods. I don't respond and I get another message from him.

'Okay, that's it.'

What does he mean by that? I don't know and I really don't care, it's not like he can find me here anyways. I scoff at myself and grab my phone to text Annika, letting her know that I'm almost out of school so I can pick up Jacob.

But before I can, someone enters the bathroom, slamming the door open. My eyes widen and I start thinking if it's a professor I'm good as dead.

"Nina?"

Chase?!

What the fuck?

I open the door and step out of the stall, seeing a very angry Chase standing in the middle of the restroom, the girl's restroom.

"What the fuck, Chase? Get out!" I raise my voice at him.

If someone sees him here they'll misunderstand the situation and I don't want to deal with shit like that, not now.

"I figured you'd be here," he ignores the fact I told him to get out.

"Congrats, now leave." I say sternly.

Chase shakes his head and takes a few steps towards me."Oh, princess, you're coming with me." He tries to grab a hold of my arm but I step away.

"No," I say. "I'm not, you on the other hand, is going to leave before someone sees you here and we both get in trouble for it."

Suddenly I feel my back collide with the mirror on the wall, as I glance up I see Chase walking and traps me in, both of his arms resting on each side of my face.

Shit, why do my knees feel weak all of the sudden?

"I don't care if they see me or not," He leans a little closer. "You and I are leaving now," he grabs my arm and starts walking towards the door: