Birthday

Monday.

I stop my alarm from ringing and I sit up, rubbing my eyes. October third: my birthday, the day I hate the most. Out of all these years, all the days, this is the day I despise the most because it's when I was born.

Suddenly my bedroom door is open by Luca, my mother holding a cake, Jacob, Annika, and Dom?

What is he doing here? How did my mom react when she saw1 him again?

"Happy Birthday!" They all say and then Annika pops confetti all over me.

Great, I am not cleaning this.

I force a smile and say thank you. Jacob comes my way and gives me a tight hug, he knows how much I hate my birthday yet he agreed to this?

"You are finally a big girl," Jacob says and everyone chuckles. I roll my eyes and pat his back.

"Thanks, but this wasn't necessary." I tell them.

"It's your seventeenth birthday, it deserves to be celebrated and not ignored." Dom says and brings me to his embrace. I awkwardly hug him back and smile as he pecks my forehead.

Awkward.

"Happy birthday, Nina." Luca says to me as he rubs my mother's arms from behind her.

I smile. Finally, Annika makes her way to my bed and Dom stands up, leaving space for her. She hugs me and congratulates me.

"Alright, let's head downstairs and have breakfast. I made your favorite, Nina." I nod and everyone starts to leave my room-everyone but Dom.

He walks my way and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me towards him, giving me a boyish grin.

"Happy birthday, baby." Before I could respond, he slammed his lips on mine and kissed me sweetly. Once again his kiss do nothing but make me want to pull away, it feels wrong.

Eventually, I pull away and smile at him."What did my mom say when she saw you?"

"Yesterday that I got back in town, I came here but when the door opened you're mom answered and when she saw me she gasped-loudly may I add," we both chuckle. "So then she started to ask me a lot of questions. I answered them and when I asked for you, she said you weren't feeling well so I left."

Yesterday I didn't want to see anyone after what happened with Chase, every time my mother knocked on my door I told her that I wasn't feeling well and she eventually left me alone- not before she brought me some pills.

I took them, even though I wasn't hurting I thought that maybe they would help. The only good thing about yesterday is that I put Bullet in a small fish tank that I found in the playroom we used as decoration, but now that I have Bullet he would use it better.

"Yeah, I'm still not feeling well, but I'll manage." I say. "Do you mind going downstairs while I get ready?"

Dom walks out and I quickly change adding some blush. I brush my hair and let it down, my layers wavy like always.

I walk downstairs and see Mom and Luca preparing the table. I spot Annika, Jacob, and Dom talking on the other side in the living room. Jacob looks a bit tense as he speaks with Dom.

Ugh, I hope he isn't picking a fight- especially not in front of Annika.

"Hey, what are you guys talking about?" I ask as I take seat next to Dom.

"Dom here is telling us stories about your childhood, isn't that right, Dom?" Jacob answers, looking in between Dom and I.

He nods and chuckles- a fake chuckle.

"Food is served, kids." My mother shouted from the kitchen. We all stand up and make our way to the kitchen.

Jacob tugs my arm and pulls me behind with him."Who is he?"

"He's my best friend," I say cluelessly. He can't know we're dating- at least not until I break up with Dom.

"I thought Chase was your best friend, you guys are all 'buddy buddy' with each other." My jaw tightened at the mention of Chase.

"Chase and I are not friends. We are nothing." I said it a lot sterner than I meant to.

He drops my arms and his eyes flickered behind me. "At least I can tolerate Chase, this guy has to go."

I chuckle at his childish behavior and pull him with me to the kitchen.

"Have a good day, honey." My mother hugs me tightly.

"I will,thanks for breakfast." She nods and as I'm making my way to the door, someone calls my name, I turn around and find Luca.

"Nina, can we speak for a moment before you go?"

"Sure," I say and walk behind him to his office.

"Jacob told me." I froze. "He um, he mentioned to me what you told him."

"What exactly are we talking about?" I managed to say.

"About the pregnancy. How he truly feels. He said that you encouraged him." He lets a small smile creep on his lips as he looks down at his desk. "That you told him that he was going to be the best version of himself when the baby was born."

I knew he would, sooner or later and the best thing he did it without my help, this is what I mean when I say he's not a bad person.

"Thank you for that, Nina. Because of you I had the a real talk with my son, one where we listened to one another without ranting about each other's mistakes."

"You don't have to thank me, Luca. Jacob is a brother to me and I just did what I think every sibling should do in a situation like that."

"Nina," He paused and sighed. "I may not ever say this but, I love Jacob, and I am proud of him... just as I am proud of you." I send him a small smile and he hugs me. "I'm not your father, but I would've been so lucky if I was."

I feel like crying now, is that how my father felt?

"Thank you," I say, hiding in his chest, trying to hide my tears. I thought I had no tears left but I was wrong once again.

We pull apart and he gives me a grin. "I have a surprise for you, we'll talk about that later though . You should head out, or else you'll be late for school."

I hate surprises.

"Yeah, I-um- I'll see you guys later, have a good day."

I walk out of his office and make my way out getting into Dom's car and driving off.

"What did he want?" Dom suddenly asks

"He just wanted to tell me that they have a surprise for me."

"But you hate surprises." Dom frowned.

"Tell me about it," I sigh. We drive in silence before arriving. "Thank you," I tell Dom and he smiles at me before driving away.

I start walking towards the entrance of the school and once I'm in, I head to the lockers.

I forgot my journal here last Friday since I ran away with Chase, I didn't have anywhere to write my shitty days on so I will during lunch. As I'm putting my combination, I hear shouting and giggling across the hallway.

I look over to see the least expected person holding another least expected person, holding and whispering things to each other.

Chase is holding Nessa Jones.

The cheer captain and slut of the school.

I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I feel like I've just gotten punched in the gut.

Somewhat betrayed.

I must've been staring for too long because before I knew it, Chase's eye were on mine.

Fuck.
***********
A/N: Chase is with another girl now what the fuck!?, well stay to find out for that make sure you follow me and vote so you'll get a notification in a new update. Love🤍✨