Never hurt

Chase's POV

"Baby, wake up." I whisper shaking her shoulder. It's almost ten and I was awoken by the ringtone of her cellphone.

It was Lucy, her mom. She called two times and I don't think that's a good sign.

She groans and rolls to the side muttering a few incorrect words, I chuckle and put the hoodie over my head and adjust it.

"What time is it?" She asks sleepily.

"Nine thirty-seven," I tell her. "By the way, your mom called a few minutes ago. I would have called her back but I remembered that my girlfriend hasn't given me her passcode." I joke and she scoffed.

"Good try, Chase." She sits up rubbing her eyes, watching me slide into some grey pants.

"Why do you do that?" I say, it sounds like a whine. Nina furrows her eyebrows and stares at me confused.

"Do what?" She asks.

I throw myself in the bed and look at her. "Call me by my name, it hurts my feelings."

I placed a hand on my heart and dramatically sighed. She laughed and tried to stand up, not before she winced and sat back down.

I instantly shoot up from my laying position and help her sit.

"You okay?" I ask, concern filling my voice.

Nina nods and lets out a sigh. "Yeah, sorry I'm just a little...-"

"Sore?" I raised an eyebrow and she nods once again, a small smirk creeps into my face, the things we did a few hours earlier come to mind. "Come on, I'll help you change."

"Thank you."

I took Nina into my arms and shut the door, walking over to her house. She fell asleep on the way here, no idea how because it was only a five-minute drive- not mentioning she slept two hours already, but I don't blame her. We did stuff that is new for her.

The door opens and Jacob appears on the other side, his eyes flickered to Nina and then to me. He steps aside and I enter the house, walking upstairs to her room, feeling her squirm a little before snuggling her face into my chest.

"Thanks, man." I whispered to Jacob who opened the door and pulled the covers off to place Nina on the bed.

Nina groans and turns to her stomach making me smile slightly.

She's...cute, beautiful. I will never stop saying how beautiful she is. I placed a kiss on her forehead and left the room along with Jacob and walked downstairs.

"So, what did you guys do today?" He asks walking into the kitchen.

"You know, we were watching movies and then went out to eat." I half lied.

Jacob and I have...befriended, but that doesn't change the fact that he is still Nina's stepbrother, and it's not like I can go ahead and tell him how and when I fucked his sister, now can I?

"Cool," he takes out a beer and raises an eyebrow. I nod and he throws it at me.

"How is it going? With Annika I mean. I've noticed that you guys haven't been hanging out lately." I haven't seen his girlfriend around anymore, perhaps they're on a break?

He gulps his beer. "Yeah, well, she's on a trip with her parents that absolutely hate the idea of her having a my kid. They fucking hate me."

It's like he is used to this. Sucks for the family, Jacob doesn't give a fuck, what guy would? We get what we want.

I snort and put my bottle down. I need to finish this thing fast, I have to be home and prepare a few things for tomorrow.

"They'll come around eventually, just keep your focus on Annika. Her opinion is the only one that matters after all."

He nods and his gaze drops to the floor. He seems lost- however; I know asking questions sometimes doesn't work- especially around boys. We don't ask, we just go for it- at least I do.

"Your problem?" I asked.

Jacob looks back at me and shakes his head slowly. I take another gulp of my beer.

"Not a problem, a thought."

"What is it?"

He sighed and leaned against the counter, supporting himself with his arms. "I love Nina, I love her so much, who wouldn't? I mean, she's one of a kind. She's my baby sister and I really care about her, and I know she cares about you."

Why is he saying this?

"Chase, she loves you so damn much that sometimes I think she cares about you more than she cares about herself. She changed herself for the better and that was all because you."

I know she did.

"Nina can be naive at times, but she isn't dumb. She has been through enough already and she doesn't deserve any more conflicts that can potentially affect her even more."

I would never hurt her.

"Don't make her overthink, don't make her cry, and do not break her heart."

His words hit me like a ton of bricks. I know Nina loves me and I love her, and I would never break her heart. I promised I would bring happiness into her life and that's all I'm trying to do. I will keep trying to do so until we both get tired of it.

I stay quiet, wandering through my thoughts and that's when Jacob speaks again.

"You've grown on me, Chase.  I really wouldn't want to hate you just because you did something to her. I don't mean to sound shitty, but family always comes first, Nina is my family. I wouldn't choose anyone over her and neither should you."

He doesn't need to tell me that, I wouldn't choose anyone over her. It's her, she's first. I don't give a crap if she is the one to break my heart- I'd gladly let her- at least I'd have the privilege to say I got it broken by her.

"You don't have to worry J, I would never hurt her."

I won't, I'll try not to.
*****
A/N: hey guy's so I just want to say that there is only going to be 7 more chapters and then it'll be finished, however, I am planning on a sequel but I'm not sure yet.✨🤍