Backstage

Two weeks.

Two damn weeks.

Two weeks since I last saw him. Since I last kissed him, since I last hugged him. Since I said I love you.

My heart is broken, my soul is dead.

I'm broken.

Why? Why does this happen to me?

Ever since I was a little girl I dreamed of having a life where I was free, where I'm happy and I didn't have to worry about decisions.

I thought that when that day came my father would be here with me, by my side, leading me to the right path, walking me down the aisle in the hands of the perfect man.

But he was taken from me, he was taken by the person I love, or used to anyway.

When I got home that night, no one was there and thankfully we only had one more week of school left due to winter break.

I didn't attend obviously, I was sick and it wasn't like I wanted to.

When Jacob asked where was Chase I told him that we discussed him and his college. I invented a whole story and he believed it, the only thing I hate is the fact that I made Jacob stop talking to him.

They were just starting to be friends and I had to ruin that. But then again, Jacob doesn't know the real story, I won't tell anybody.

I'm scared, I really am. And it's not because I'm afraid about what people will say but because I still love him.

It's pathetic. If I used to feel pathetic, now I feel ten times worse.

Nothing helps, nothing will.

Which is why I decided to take a little trip. I need it. Where? To my old town. To visit my best friend and my dad and I need to see Dom.

He's the only person besides Cassie who knows me well enough, but Cassie isn't here, she's dead.

I only have him left, he'll make me feel better I know he will.

My whole life will be turned upside down today.

I asked my mom if I could go visit dom and she was more than thrilled to have me out of the house, especially since I'm visiting my childhood friend.

But this isn't the only reason why I'm leaving too, a lot is going on and I need a way to deal with it.

I know that eventually I will have to tell someone but until I decide to, nothing will be known, maybe I can leave a letter so when I come back things are easier.

I stand up from my bed and walk over to my desk, I take a white paper and the pen my father gave me.

Dear Chase;

I thought...

——————

"Honey, are you leaving already?" My mom said from downstairs as I walk down.

"Yes, I am."

"Are you sure you don't want me to drive you to the train station?"

"No, mom." I shake my head. "It's fine, really. The cab is already outside so I'll just go."

Luca and Jacob come out from his office and when Jacob sees my luggage he Immediately walks to my side.

"Where are you going?" He asked, his voice hinting concern.

"I'm going to visit a friend since you know, it's almost Christmas. We have traditions we still like to follow." I lied with a small smile.

He frowns and shakes his head. "What about Chase? Does he know?"

"Chase and I aren't talking right-"

"Right now, but you guys are still dating and it wouldn't look good if he finds out from someone else." He cut me off.

I laugh awkwardly. "It's not like you would tell him, would you?" Jacob gives me a look of 'sorry' and I scoff. "Jacob my relationship with Chase doesn't involve you."

Before he could argue back mom interfered.

"Okay kids, let's cut this off." She turns to me. "You don't want to get there late so get going." She turns to Jacob. "And you have an appointment to get to."

It's three in the afternoon and Jacob and Annika have their monthly appointment to check on the baby. I kissed my mom's cheek goodbye and then hugged Luca.

I walked out of the house with Jacob behind me, he opened the door for me and then finally I hugged him.

"I'm going to miss you, little sister." Jacob said kissing my head.

"I'll be back in a week," I pull away but our hands were still connected. "While I'm away promise me one thing."

"Anything," he says.

"Promise me you won't be afraid to face anything that comes between our family."

He cracks a smile and nods.

"I promise, now go."

I laugh and was about to get into the cab before I remembered about the letter.

My ticket. I have to be at the train station in five and chase's house is three minutes away and from there, yeah my only option is Jacob.

I take out the letter from my back pocket and hand it to him. "Would...would you make sure Chase gets this?"

"Yeah sure, but why don't you give it to him yourself?" He asked.

"I'm already late, so just be a good brother and give it to him." I wink.

"You got it!" He winks back and we laugh.

Finally, I get in and we head to the train station. Three minutes away I get here and I check-in and get in my seat.

Well, it seems like I have an hour ahead of me.
———————
Finally arriving I stand up and grab my cellphone to call for a cab.

Everything seems...normal. Just like I last left it, taking a deep breath of the air I feel like I'm home, I'm home again.

I thought about calling Dom first to let him know I arrived but it's only five-fifty so he's probably still with his family.

How will his parents react when they see me again? I haven't been here in almost four years and I'm hoping all the people I left behind are still here.

I just got home and I know exactly where I want to go first.

My father's grave.

My best friend's grave.

The cab arrives two minutes later and I hop in, giving him the instructions where to go he nods and we rode off.
*************
A/N: sorry for the short chapter but I'm currently writing another story and it's taking my time, I promise to post at least once a week.

Vote and comment