Paradise

Chase's POV.

"Wow," I hear Nina say.

I look over to her only to see her admiring the beautiful sight in front. I smile to myself, admiring her.

She starts walking towards the small waterfall, looking around, seeing plants, flowers, and big trees around.

"It's so..." she stopped to think of a word.

"Beautiful." I finished for her.

"Yeah, beautiful." She faces me confused. "How did you even find this place? It's so...hidden."

I sit down leaning my back onto a tree.

"I found it the night I moved into town," I answer. "I was feeling overwhelmed with the new changes so I hopped in my bike and rode around for a bit, until I eventually ended up on an abandoned street. Anyway, I walked towards the crappy park and just kept walking until I found this place."

Nina nods, she sat on the ground, her legs spread out while she was taking in the view around us. I take this as a chance to speak.

"Nina," I say meeting her eyes. "I want to apologize for yesterday-"

"Chase, don't-" I cut her off.

"No, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have gone over without letting you know first." I say looking down.

I hear her sigh, she stays quiet for a minute before she speaks. "It's fine,"

I look up a little surprised at the fact that she forgive me so easily. She stands up again, walks towards the small river and sitting at the edge. I follow, sitting right next to her.

"Do you come here often?" Nina asks, her gaze by the waterfall.

I shrug, even though she's not looking at me. "Sometimes, when I need to think."

"Do you think much?" She asks again.

She's more talkative today than others, but I like that. She's getting comfortable around me.

"Yes," I answer looking intensely at her, how flawless she is.

"What do you think about?" She says meeting her green orbs with mine.

"Everything." I answer truthfully. "Mostly about me, about whether my actions hurt the people around me or not. I come here to be alone with my thoughts basically."

"You know.." she looks back at the waterfall. "Sometimes you just have to go for it, either it'll work or it won't, that's life."

"It takes a lot more courage than you think, some of us are scared- trapped," I say.

She looks back at me. "Are you scared?"

"I don't know, sometimes it feels like I should be." Sometimes I feel like I owe a big apology to everyone whose life I messed up.

"I know that feeling, it goes away, but not completely. The past doesn't define who we are now, so it's better to wonder."

I stare back at her seeing her laying down, her gaze up in the sky. What does she think about?