Known

Chase's POV.
Sometimes I wonder what my future would be like: will I be a successful person, or be trapped in misery?

If my thoughts of being somewhere or someone else would stop, if knowing that I have to wake up every day telling myself  'today, I'm going to be okay' isn't true, is going to make things any better.

It's worth the try, though.

Nobody gets to choose what happens to us. We can set a goal for ourselves, but there will be times where it turns out wrong, and even if we can't see it, we still have a future.

Sometimes being afraid motivates you to do reckless things, that's what life is about.

We only have one life, enjoy it and live every day like it's the last because you never know when it might be. We are given the chance to explore the world, yet we don't. We are too stuck up in our personal problems that we forget what's out there.

"Good morning, Chase." Someone speaks up snapping me out of my thoughts, my dad.

"Morning," I must've been thinking too deeply for me not to hear him entering the kitchen.

"Ah, you've made pancakes!" He opens the cabinet, taking out a plate.

"It was either cook or starve," I follow his actions as he grabs a pancake from the plate onto his. "There wasn't any more cereal in the pantry."

I'm surprised to see him at this time, he's always gone twenty minutes before I wake up. It's crazy how Spencer and I are replicas of him- of course, the younger version but it's true.

We have the exact black hair, nose, and almost height, All of us being over 6 feet tall. The only thing we don't share is the eyes color, Spencer does, I on the other hand, got my mother's hazel eyes.

"Where is Spencer? I thought he leaves around nine." My father asked me while cutting his pancake.

"I don't know, maybe he left yesterday night." My dad just lets out a sigh shaking his head.

"Your brother will be the death of me someday. He's an adult behaving like a teenager. God, sometimes I wish your mother-" he stops because he knows is a touchy subject for me.

Not anymore.

"You wish that Mom could be here," I finish for him.

"Yeah," he smiles weakly, placing his now empty plate in the sink.

I sigh putting my elbows on the counter. "I miss her too, dad, every day."

"I just wish she could be here, telling me what to do with-" he stops letting out a breath. "You know, raising you kids."

I get what my dad is feeling because I feel it too, sometimes. My mother died fromcancer when I was six. I don't remember much before she died because I was still young, but I do remember that a month before she died she took me to a water park back in Kansas.

After her death, my father fell into some serious depression, who wouldn't? The love of your life just died and left you with a ten and six-year-old kid to look after.

Mom's death hit Spencer the hardest. He remembers Mom a lot more than I ever did, he was grieving worst than me, he started fighting kids in the fourth grade for no reason at all.