Three words

It's been three weeks since Chase and I started dating and let me tell you, it's been the best three weeks of my life.

When I got back home the other day, I walked into my bedroom and changed clothing because I knew that if my mom saw me with Chase's clothes she would immediately start freaking out and give me the talk.

Not that I need it, we used a condom and I took a pill later that night.

But when she did see me,  she started ranting about my safety and how it was very irresponsible of me for taking off like that. She continued talking, but I wasn't listening, I was too focused on the night before.

After all, I didn't get grounded. We continued to talk at dinner about what Jacobs plans were now that school is almost over. Jacob was giving answers but not specific. I know that he still hasn't thought about that, but he will have to eventually. I mean, he does a baby on the way.

However, a few days ago Chase convinced me to tell my mother about us since well, he didn't like me hiding him from her. At first I was very hesitant and annoyed that he wanted me to do that, but after some time I agreed.

It wasn't because he made love to me, but because I realized that since my father died, I haven't been very open about my life to my mom.

The next day at night, I went to my mother's bedroom and was secretly thankful that Luca was still at work so he couldn't hear my mother and I argue.

You can imagine how that went.

She started telling me about teen romance and all that stuff a parent tells you when you start dating.

Heartbreaks, hurting each other , and that.

I don't think I'll have to learn about that when I already experienced the biggest pain from losing two of the people I loved the most.

A petty fight with Chase can be simply fixed by two things; sex or sex.

Two days ago my mom asked me to invite Chase over for dinner, she wanted to meet him and so did Luca. I didn't have much of a choice in the matter since my mother practically guilt-tripped me.

She said and I quote "That is the least you could do after hiding your relationship from me."

In my opinion, she was exaggerating, but when I talked with Chase that night on the phone he laughed and said that my mom was right, and I think that made me agree because the next day I told my mother that I invited him and she immediately started preparing dinner.

She made her delicious bread bowl potato cheddar soup.

Jacob brought Annika along, Mom thought that it would be nice to get to know her kid's partners.

While we were eating Mom kept asking us a bunch of random question. 'How did you guys meet each other?' or 'When did you guys start dating?'

My mom even asked us about babies. If we wanted babies in a future which I thought was very inappropriate.

I didn't answer that but Chase did, he only laughed and said that it was my choice, but to be honest, his answer wasn't my biggest concern. It was the fact that he said it'll be my choice as to if he wanted a future with me.

Now, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want that too, I do, but I'm afraid of how Chase would react if I ever say that to him.

Sometimes I just think that I should live in the moment because Chase is a senior and I keep telling myself that he will soon graduate and leave for college. I still have two more years to go.