Proper meet

Adding some more gloss on my lips and...done.

I finished getting ready, I'm actually nervous like really, really nervous to meet Mr.Griffin,. It's happening, I have to suck it up and stop acting childish.

I doubt being nervous is childish behavior, but who cares? I have to meet him eventually, don't I? What better time than this one?

I will not be staying the night because his dad will be there. God, I can't even imagine him seeing us walk up to Chase's room. What the heck would he think of me then? That I'm such a slut? That I'm just like Nessa?

Has he met Nessa before?

Okay, I should really stop overthinking.

I shouldn't be nervous, it's just a one-time thing, right? I will see him around more, but it'll be normal I guess you could say.

A plaid skirt, a white cropped sweater, thighs, and my doc martens is what I'm wearing.

It's currently six-thirty and I am doing unnecessary stuff around my room just to waste time. What if his dad is super strict and ends up hating me?

Shit, what if Chase had a better girlfriend before me and his dad likes her better than me?

I am starving. I haven't eaten all day and Chase told me he would be cooking. I can't wait to have some of his food. I love everything he makes. It tastes so good and I know it's made with love because I'm technically the only one he cooks for.

Mr. Griffin is working and he's coming home early from work. I just hope he doesn't have important things to do and happen to cancel them just to meet me.

If that's the case I'll feel guilty forever.

One way or another, stop overthinking so much!

Letting out a long breath, I stand up from my vanity and walk out of my bedroom. The house is quiet, empty. Jacob is with Annika, and Mom and Dad are out in a town meeting.

Dad

A smile crept into my face. Where did that come from? I finally get it.

I wasn't unhappy back then because of fate. I was unhappy because I wanted to. All this time, I had everything I needed and I didn't even notice until Chase came along. He made me see things for what they are, I'm so grateful for that.

I take my phone and walk out of my room, but not before feeding Bullet. Bullet has been growing, he's no longer the small blue fish, but a fat blue one.

I go downstairs and exit the house, it's now that I'm realizing that I don't have a car. Well, there is a car, but I don't want to use it. I'll just go walking.

I still can't drive a car without someone riding with me. I've tried, but I had a panic attack. I had to pull over a crappie gas station, that's when I realized I couldn't do it.
——
I knock on the door and wait until Chase opens it.

"Hey!" I smile and kiss him.

His arms sneak around my waist and pull me closer. I pull away and he pecks my nose.

"Did you walk all the way over here?" He frowned and closed the door.

"All the way over here? Geez, you make it sound like I've walked to another country." I sarcastically said.

"Nina, something could've happened to you. You should've called me to pick you up." He crossed his arms.

"Is not like I would've gotten kidnapped, it's a small town, Chase." I joked, but he gave me a serious look. I rolled my eyes and sat on the couch. "You're my boyfriend, Chase, not my personal chauffeur."