Alive

I hardly had any sleep last night. I couldn't stop squirming around just at the thought of all the things going on at the moment, and the fact that Jacob decided to add another concern to the list, isn't getting any better.

I still don't know how I'm going to tell Dom about my thoughts of our relationship. I also have to find a way to tell Luca that Jacob got a girl pregnant. Could this be any more stressful?

I then also have to find a way to tell Chase that I got back with Dom.

Yes, I do plan on telling Dom that I believe this relationship isn't going to work out, but that I want us to be together just like we always were.

So here I am, standing in my bathroom looking at the lost girl on the other side of the mirror. The girl behind that glass is brave, smart, and beautiful. The girl standing in front of the glass is pathetic, useless, and a liar.

She can't tell a single person the story about her life without having to lie in their face, she's just pathetic because she can't forget people she should.

People who clearly won't ever come back.

Or maybe she's useless because she doesn't know how to help the only person who's helped her these past years.

She's just a doll, she wants to scream and break things but she can't because this Nina, is not alive.

But the Nina behind that glass is brave because she isn't afraid of getting to know people without having to worry that one day they'll leave.

That Nina is smart knowing that she moved on with her life and it's living it at the fullest just like Cassie and her father would've wanted. Shes beautiful because she can see the good in everything, she's supportive of the decision her love ones make.

That Nina is alive.

As I walk out of the bathroom I hear my cellphone vibrate from the bed. Who the hell sends messages at six-thirty in the morning?

As soon as I picked it up a name popped up in my head; Chase.

I'm right. A small smile creeps on my lips as I unlock my cellphone.

'Forgot to mention I was picking you up today, sorry'

Wasn't going with him to the carnival tomorrow enough? Did he had to pick me up when he knows I hate it? Worst case scenario would've been if Dom was to see him here.

Thankfully, Dom is visiting his family out of town and isn't coming back till Sunday night. Well, at least I won't have to lie to him about my whereabouts on Saturday night.

Shit, I forgot that Annika has her appointment Saturday, I don't even know what time. Chase did say his old town was about two hours away and I have no doubt he would want to be there early.

I'll talk to him.

Closing my door, I open Jacob's to see if he's here but he isn't.

"Good morning," Chase greets me as I got inside his car.

"Morning," I buckled the seat belt. Chase starts driving and then glances at me.

"You want to get a coffee on the way to school?"

I give him an are-you-serious look and he chuckles, nodding in understatement. I look out the window trying to hold back a grin. He knows that I always get my morning coffee in the same place, something Dom seems to forget about. I always end up reminding him, and sometimes I get to school late.

Why am I comparing my boyfriend with Chase?

I open the door of the small shop and head over to the cashier, ordering my coffee while Chase orders whatever drink he wants. I go sit in one of the high chairs while he pays, soon he joins me and sits across me.

"What time are we leaving tomorrow? You did say your old town is a two-hour drive." I ask, earning a smirk in return.

"She listens, shocker." Chase makes me roll my eyes with a smile on my face. "But yes, it is. I'd say we leave around three sharp if we want to ride the Ferris wheel." He winks.

"What about the Ferris wheel?" My hopes deep down wish is what I think it is.

He smirks and shakes his head, as he's about to speak he gets interrupted by the lady calling our order. He hands me my cup and I quickly drink from it. I'm sixteen but I have the caffeine addiction of a fifty-year-old man.

"We could go eat after the carnival. There's this really nice restaurant near where I used to live, it has the best view and the food is really good. I'm sure you're going to love it." Chase suddenly says what he was going to say inside.

That was enough for me to think. I was only planning on making this the last time ever going out with him, planning on telling him that I'm with Dom, but he wants to turn it into a date.

Who am I kidding? This technically is a date.

"That's fine, as long as I pay the check because there is no way I'm letting you pay for me again." I simply said, looking out the window.

He snorted into laughter. "Yeah, okay."

I turn and glared at him, his eyes are focused on the road. Does he think I'm playing or what?

"I'm serious," I state, crossing my arms over my chest. I probably look like a little brat who just got told no to candy, but I don't care, at least my voice makes me sound sterner.

He sends me a glance before it turns back to the road. "You were?"

I scoffed at his response and took out my phone, dialing Jacob's number.

I won't get anywhere if I start to argue with Chase, especially not at seven in the morning. Might as well know where the hell Jacob spent the night.

"Hello?" A female voice says

Annika?

Okay, maybe this is good after all. If Annika picked up his phone that means that he stayed the night with her and they talked out their problems.

"Um, hi, Annika, it's Nina. Sorry to disturb but is Jacob there? He didn't come home last night so I was wondering where he might be." I awkwardly say.

I hear her sigh and a long pause before she speaks again. "Yeah, he's here, but..." she pauses again. "He came back around three in the morning or so, drunk out of his mind and knocking on my door like crazy. I didn't know what to do and I was thinking on calling you but then he suddenly passed out on my couch."

I can't believe he did that-not that I'm not surprised he was drinking- but it does get me disappointed because I actually thought he would change. I guess you can't change someone who doesn't want to be changed.

I feel stupid even thinking about it knowing I tried, I tried but I failed.

"I'm sorry about that. Um are you busy today?" I ask.

"No, I don't have school today, but I'm guessing he does. What do you want me to do?"

"Do you mind keeping him there till I'm out of school? I don't want him driving in...that state."

"Sure. Call him again when you're done so I can send you my address." I agree and then hang up.

"What happened with, Jacob?" Chase speaks.

I won't tell him anything because it's none of his business. "Nothing you should be concerned about."

"It concerns you, right? It might as well concern me too, no?"

"What I do shouldn't concern you either," I shut him up.

*****
A/N: I'm sorry I've been busy to update ya know personal things but here is a chapter even if it's short!, please take a time to vote and share this story you'll be helping me so much sending love.🤍