Mess

"Can you help me get Jacob upstairs? I don't want to wake him up or else he'll get worse." I ask looking at Jacob's passed-out state.

"Of course," Chase nodded.

We walk over to Jacob, and both of us grab one of his arms and lift him. I groan at how heavy Jacob is and Chase seems to notice that since he let Jacob's whole weight on him. It's not that Jacob is fat, but he is pure muscle and that is a lot to carry walking up the stairs.

"Nina, you mind showing me the way? I got this." Chase says.

I hesitate for a moment before agreeing, Chase has no idea where these house bedrooms are.

"Alright," I let go of Jacob's arm.

"Lead the way," I hear him whisper. I nod walking up and turning left opening Jacob's bedroom and turning his lamp from his nightstand. I pull the sheets away making room for Jacob.

I walk back out seeing that Chase is closer now. Chase gives me a small smile and enters the room as I follow behind him. He places Jacob down and turns off the light. I walk through the darkness grabbing Chase's hand and making him follow me.

"Thank you," I say as we both walk downstairs.

"No need, I can't even imagine what that asshole would've done if I hadn't shown up when I did." He replies, a hint of anger rising in his voice.

We reach the final step when I stop and speak and so does he.

"Honestly, I'm just glad it was you," I say.

He looks at me and then at my...neck, suddenly his face becomes red and his eyes darkened a bit. He runs his hands through his hair.

"Are you okay?" I ask, concerned about why he's behaving like this.

He walks towards me and stroked my throat making me crease my forehead. "That motherfucker marked you."

My eyes go wide as soon as he said that. What did he mean by marked me? I ran to the small hang-up mirror and check my neck, seeing red fingers around it.

That son of a bitch really marked me.

"Fuck," was all I could say.

Hell, if I go like this to school tomorrow, teachers will start asking questions and they'll eventually call my mom and she'll ask me more, and- okay I can conceal this, not a big deal.

"I swear I'm going to kill that bastard," Chase said and I turn around meeting his eyes.

"Kill him tomorrow, right now you're helping me take these guys out of my house." I sighed, entering the living room.

I take a look around seeing the mess that I would have to clean up, but as I'm looking around, I noticed that Emerson is nowhere to be seen.
He's gone, good thing he left with his pretty face all bloody and messed up.

"Wake up, you dip shit." Chase kicks the legs of a few guys, waking them up. I do the same and start hearing groans from them.

"What are you doing here?" One of Jacob's minions asks.

"It's none of your concern, get out of here." I say sternly.

He simply laughs and looks at me from head to toe. "Yeah, because you're the owner of this house. I'll leave when Jacob tells me to." He slurred pointing his index finger at me.

"He's passed out, which is why I'm telling you to go home." I noticed Chase managed to get the other guys to leave.

"Or you just happen to want to talk to me." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance, he is just like Emerson. "Get over yourself, Matt."

"Oh come-" he was cut off by Chase grabbing his collar and pinning him against the wall, anger written all over his face.

"She said leave, what part of that didn't you understand? Do you want me to show you the way out?" He hissed at Matt, who was shaking his head frantically with wide eyes.

"Okay, man. I get it, I get it. I'll leave." He quickly said.

Matt took off running, leaving me and Chase alone. I go to the kitchen and open a cabinet where the garbage bags are. Taking two big ones I go back into the living room, seeing Chase looking at the family pictures Luca and my mother had forced us to do.

Those pictures are always a reminder that this isn't my old life and that I should get over it, but I just can't. I have attempted to, but I always end up thinking about him.

I want to be with you, dad, wherever you are.

I clear my throat, gaining Chase's attention. Chase puts the picture frame of me smiling down.

"You smile, shocker." He jokes, causing me to roll my eyes, which made him to laugh.

I start picking up some red plastic cups from the floor and tossing them into the bag, but I stop remembering that Chase has to leave.

"Uh, thanks for the help. I got it now. You can-you can go home." I say putting a strand of hair behind my ear. He walks over to me taking the other bag from my hand, shaking his head.

"Not before I help you with this mess," he picks up some papers and bottles, tossing them in the bag.

Before I have time to answer he speaks again.

"I mean, why do you even clean this up? Your stepbrother, should do it himself once he wakes up." He finishes off.

I can't believe he called Jacob my stepbrother! Sure, we may not be related by blood but we are by choice.

"I said I got this, Chase." My voice rose. "Go home, I'll deal with it." I throw the last bottle of vodka left on the floor into the bag.

"And I said I'm not leaving , not until this place is somewhat decent again." He says sternly

"Chase," I start, releasing a small breath while rubbing my forehead. "Go home, this isn't your responsibility."

He stares at me for a moment before he starts nodding his head, his gaze looks down for a second before his eyes met mine once again.

"Fine," he tossed the bag onto the floor, landing on my feet and causing some of the bottles to spill out. "If that's what you want then I'll leave."

Please.

I simply rolled my eyes at his ridiculous behavior. He puts on his leather jacket and he adjusts his collar.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Nina." He walked out of the living room.

I can hear his footsteps further now, making me hold onto the broom tighter as I hear the door open and then hear the loud slam.

This is going to be a long night.

********
A/N: Why didn't Nina woke up Jacob so he could do it himself? she's young and loves him she knows how he gets she doesn't want to pressure him but Nina also goes through stuff and nobody seems to be there for her right. Don't forget to vote, comment and share. Love you✨🤍