A Date

A/N: The songs will always be on top. Enjoy this chapter loves.🤍

Today is Saturday, the day Annika has her appointment, and the day I go out with Chase for the last time. Seems like a busy day.

The only good thing is that Dom comes back Sunday night, at least he will be here spending the next crappie week with me.

My birthday.

I should be excited, but I'm not, I can't be. My thoughts are interrupted by a knock on my door.

"Nina, you ready? We have to leave in five." Jacob shouts from the other side of the door

He's right, we have to leave soon and I am still doing my makeup. It turns out the appointment time was at 2:00 pm, and Chase is picking me up at three. It's not like I would've had time to come back home to change and do my makeup.

Not that I'm dressing nice or anything.

But he did say that we would go eat after the carnival, and I can't look like a freak in a nice restaurant. I'm just wearing a white tank top, light blue jeans, and white converse.

It's October First today, meaning fall has already started. My favorite season, it's still doesn't get cold till around night, I don't think I'll be needing a sweater.

I didn't do much on my face, just some blush to complement my freckles and mascara with a bit of eyeliner. I look good, but I look too extra for an appointment.

"Coming!" I yelled, getting up from my vanity, shutting the lights.

I open the door and see Jacob standing there wearing sweatpants and a white shirt. I send him a small smile and his face scrunched up in confusion, probably because of what I'm wearing.

"Why are you so dressed up? It's just the doctor, you know?" He skips down the stairs, I follow behind him.

"I know that, but I'm going out with Chase and I don't have time to come back home and get ready." I say.

"Wait," He says making me turn around. "You're going on a date with Chase Griffin? The same fuck boy who picked me up from Annika's?"

"Yes," I sigh. "And it's not a date, we are simply going to a carnival at his old town, nothing more."

I hope.

Jacob scoffs. "When a guy invites a girl to the place they were raised in means a lot," He unlocks his car, we get in and he began driving.

"What do you mean it means a lot?" I ask.

"You know what I mean," Of course I know what it means, I just don't want to believe it's true. "No guy takes a girl to their favorite place if it isn't something serious."

Chase wants nothing serious with me, and neither do I...right?

"Whatever, Chase and I are nothing and it will continue to be like that."

"Yeah, whatever you say."

"You guys may come in now," The doctor tells us smiling as she stands outside the door while we walk in. "Who's the lucky soon-to-be mother?" She asks beaming.

"Oh," Annika takes a step forward. "I am."

"How far along are you?" She asks and sits in her chair typing something on her computer.

"Um, I think I'm eight weeks pregnant-yeah, I found out around eight weeks ago." Annika answers rubbing her arms up and down with Jacob standing behind her.

"Very well, let's find out!" She says and tells her to sit down."Regarding your uterus size I can confirm you are thirteen weeks pregnant."

Annika's and Jacob's eyes widen. "What?!" They look at each other surprised.