Trouble

Jacob walks downstairs and stands next to me. He looks furious.

"I asked you something, Nina." He says facing me."What is he doing here?"

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. I couldn't find the right words. Jacob raised his eyebrow waiting for me to answer.

I let out a breath and look down.

"I don't know," I say.

And, indeed, I don't know why Chase is here.

Jacob steps in front of Chase, making my gaze go up. "I thought I told you not to mess with me." He said through gritted teeth.

"I'm not." Chase spat back.

"You, buddy-" Jacob shoves his index finger into Chase's chest, slightly pushing him back. "-you're messing with my little sister, which means that you are messing with me."

"Jacob stop," I tried getting him to back off.

"Yeah, well, unlike you Nina is actually mature." Chase takes it even further.

Jacob's face was already red enough and when Chase spoke Jacob grabbed him by his collar shirt. I gasped and grabbed Jacob's arm.

"Jacob," I warned, giving him a look. "Stop it."

He looks at me for a moment before releasing his hands from Chase. Chase doesn't look intimidated by Jacob, in any case, he seems...calm?

"Get the fuck out off my property," Jacob threatens.

"Or what? For all I know this is your daddy's house." Chase says with a smirk.

"Son of a bitch-" 

"Okay, enough!" I shouted, having both of them look at me. "I didn't know we were in the third grade," I speak, looking over to Chase "What are you doing here anyway?"

He looks at me before his eyes look over a furious Jacob. "I came to ask if you wanted to go grab a bite with me, I didn't expect to see him here."

Jacob laughs. Obviously in sarcasm "This is my house. Why the fuck wouldn't I be here?"

I sighed and meet Chase's eyes. "I'm sorry, Chase. But, I already had plans with Jacob."

I thought about saying something like; oh, you should've called me beforehand. But I already know that Jacob would have caught that.

"That's...fine," he says looking down while nodding. "Maybe I'll get lucky next time." Hee finishes off smiling.

"Or maybe not."

"Jacob!" I say but he only rolls his eyes.

"Trust me, mate, there will be no 'next time'." Jacob suddenly becomes serious again and stands in front of Chase once again. "Stay away from my sister if you know what's best for you."

"I will," Chase talks back. "Once she asks me to."

"Chase, I think you should be on your way now." I interrupted before Jacob can say anything else.

He looks at me for a moment before nodding and sending one last glare at Jacob. He walks away and I close the door, letting a long breath out.

"Are you friends with that prick?" I hear Jacob huff from behind me, making me jump in surprise.

I sigh while putting a strand of hair behind my ear. "We've talked, I've seen him around, it doesn't matter."

Definitely not the time to mention that I went out with him last night. I pass by him and walk up the stairs.

"Doesn't matter? It doesn't look like it doesn't matter." I stop, letting him finish. "He's clearly into you, Nina."

Jacob just made my blood boil for an instant with that comment. I turn around and look him in the eye, even if is from afar I know what he's feeling.

Guilt.

"So what? You're just going to beat all the guys that have an interest in me?" I bite out.

"Hey! I didn't meant it like that." He throws a finger at me.

I let out a dry chuckle. "Then how did you mean to tell me that Chase isn't for me? Go ahead, enlighten me."

"Trust me, Nina, he's no good for you. I know his type, and he'll either use you for sex or to get information out of us." Jacob speaks so seriously about this is almost infuriating.

"I know it's hard to believe, Jacob, but not every guy looks at girls the way you and your buddies do. You know, some guys actually have good intentions with us."

I didn't even wait for his reply, I turned again, walking upstairs to my bedroom. My appetite is gone by now, having to get in the middle of an argument was never something I would do.