Chapter Fourteen

By the time Narcissa Black and Lucius Malfoy's wedding rolled around, Calypso found herself in a rather foul mood. Her and her sister hadn't spoken to each other since their fight and Calypso wasn't exactly excited to see her father either. There were a few people Calypso liked that would be going to the wedding like her mum and Sirius, but Calypso knew the whole thing was going to be a rather long and tiring affair. 

         The wedding was to take place at Malfoy Manor where Lucius's parents had decorated the place so that it looked even more grand than it normally did. She heard the whispers of the other guests as she and her mum made their way into the tent about how the wedding between Narcissa and Lucius was the biggest event of the season. Many people commended Abraxas and Davina Malfoy on the match they had secured on the way to their seats. 

          "There you are," Sirius said when he appeared out of nowhere. Calypso raised a brow at him when he appeared next to her in his dress robes. Her mum said something about finding a seat before leaving Sirius and Calypso to their own devices. "I've been looking everywhere for you. You look nice."

          Calypso resisted the urge to sigh as she stared down at her yellow dress that was decorated with pink flowers. It was one of those mod dresses that had been her mother's in the sixties, but Calypso thought she looked great.

          "Do you want to find a seat together?" Calypso asked before someone bumped into her. She turned her head and saw Finnick Macmillan enter, followed by Cordelia Rosier, Aurelia Rowle, and Evan Rosier. Evan rolled his eyes when he spotted Calypso while Cordelia and Aurelia smiled kindly at her. Finnick took in her appearance and let out a low whistle.

          "Lookin' good, Cal." Finnick winked at her. Calypso playfully rolled her eyes at him before Cordelia stepped forward.

         "Calypso, Sirius, do you want to sit with us? We're near the front." Cordelia asked. The pair agreed, though Calypso thought she heard a tiny protest come from Evan. They made their way to their seats and Calypso stopped in her tracks when Cordelia led them to the seats right next to Barnabas Greengrass and Ophelia.

          "Are you two fighting?" Sirius whispered to Calypso when he noticed the way Ophelia turned away at the sight of her younger sister and Calypso glared at the side of her head. 

         "Yes." Calypso said before sitting down in between Sirius and Cordelia. Calypso turned her gaze to Sirius. "I didn't get the chance to ask when you were over, but what's going on between you and Marlene?"

           Sirius smiled bashfully.

          "Oh. I meant to tell you about it when I saw you at your sister's birthday party, but it slipped my mind. Marlene and I started writing to each other at the beginning of the summer because I responded to something her mum said in the Prophet. We realized we had a few things in common so we started talking more and . . . I don't know, I really like her. I think I might ask her to be my girlfriend." Sirius admitted.

          "Oh," Calypso said. She fell silent for a few seconds and Sirius turned to her when he noticed her silence. "I'm happy for you. As long as you and Marlene date for longer than a week, we know how you are."

            Sirius grinned.

           "I think me and Marlene could last for a while, you know? She's not afraid to call me out on anything which is really refreshing." Sirius reclined in his chair and Calypso chewed on the inside of her cheek.

             "That's lovely, Sirius . . . Oh! It's starting." Calypso swiveled around in her chair as everyone got into their places. Lucius and Rodolphus stood up at the front of the marquee, both wearing dress robes with white roses in their buttonholes. The crowd fell silent as music swelled and echoed throughout the confines of the large tent.